Point me to best seamless live sampling tutorials

so, got this to work with the above…footswitch for inAB and one for inCD. this way i don’t even have to pre-choose inputs for the flex track, just choose an empty track and step on either footswitch, which selects the input and arms the one-shot recorder trig. at the moment the 3rd footswitch is assigned to next track selection but seems like a waste will probably do sequence start instead

here’s a video with the waldorf streichfett cheese—-err-string machine. love it and then the piano, just manually bringing up the dir i need at the moment…

2 Likes

Cool. I’m trying to stay interested in using the ot making music like this so this gives me hope :slight_smile: where are the drums from? Sound nicfe.

Thanks. The octatrack is fantastic. Every day i learn something new and try to use it different ways. Keep at it.

Regarding the drum loop i usually “roll my own” but for these first looping experiments i was concentrating on the workflow and working out problems…so i just grabbed some loops i had downloaded from looperman.com (95% sure) and then sliced it a bit.

1 Like

Another improv looper jam, this time with the yamaha piano and a roland ju-06. I used drums made by our very own @sezare56 and just started layering stuff.

4 Likes

:smiley: :heart: :thup:

1 Like

Saying Hi poppin´ in,
got a question too regarding seamless sampling.
I´m basically aware how to achieve that, still:

When sampling drones/waves i don´t succeed that well, as
sometimes there is a gap. That can´t be avoided - or can it?

Big gap? Click?
How do you proceed?

For drones seamless loops you need fade in / out, overdub, in order to make a crossfade.
Unfortunately OT fade in / out curves are ridiculous. You can try minimum values, longer values add silence, which is totally crap.

I’m thinking about a workaround with Flex, using 2 tracks, in order to make decent fades and record with overdub.

totally agreed. Tryed it in several ways… at the end I decided doing that with a dedicated looper as shown here:

dead simple and quick. better sequencing a machine like this

Indeed. I have a Rc202 and I recommend Rc505, working really well slaved to Ot.

I get fine results using pickups synced to sequencer (sequencer running before record), fin/fout at lowest setting, and quantized record/play (qrec/qpl)…
OT can do so much with the loops, my OT would be upset with me if I feed them into another looper… :smiley:

4 Likes

Still screw this up. Every. Single. Time.
One of these days I’ll figure out what I’m doing wrong :slight_smile:

Pink Floyd had the same problem with Octatrack and sliced loops :

One of these days, I’m going to cut you into little pieces

1 Like