Point me to best seamless live sampling tutorials

Not gonna lie…my eyes glazed over. Will reread a couple times i am sure.

1 Like

That was half the point! :joy::joy: there’s stuff to decode in there… :wink:

My signal flow: the wormhole is a pedal i commisioned a few years ago. Timmy od, memory man style delay and reverb all in one, with some cool tricks. Tuner goes into that and then into a joyo american sound amp simulator (which i painted as an homage to the analog heat) and then a trem at the end. The joyo is a great find. 40 bucks and it makes the sound.

3 Likes

The homework in this thread is getting out of hand!

1 Like

I went way past topic but felt like getting that out there… :joy:
I want to show people the rabbit hole! :monkey:

3 Likes

more practice looping, this time with a rhodes sound.

6 Likes

Very, very nice. Looks like you’ve got it sorted. Love that Rhodes.

1 Like

This rabbit hole is drawing me in for sure! I am finding for me right now the flex machine as looper situation is just fine. Finally had a beatbox looping jam with the OT that actually all clicked and synced and wasn’t hella trainwrecky (and iPad +interface to get high quality effected vocals into OT) and I think it might be love

2 Likes

thanks, still working on it. stuff doesn’t work sometimes. arghhh

ok, pulling out my hair here, seems like a bug but it might be user error, … @Open_Mike

i can only sample on inputs A & B, no matter what i try (new project, etc to see if i had messed up some scene) i only get A and B inputs when recording a flex track. i clearly see the inputs led’s of C and D, gain is orange but not red, …i hear it by increasing the DIR in the mixer,. no thru track since i am using a stereo inst. DIR of A and B is down, clicking on the recorder trig and rec 1 page i am choosing C and D as recorder inputs. but as soon as i hit record i hear inputs A and B along with C and D and when i play back i only hear A and B. just to trouble shoot i tried turning off both inputs and just recording SCR3 but same thing, only A and B are being recorded.

?

That seems really weird… :thinking: I definitely don’t have any issues with recorder source selection…
Just to make sure, your holding down the recorder trig and making sure only c d is selected (inverted graphics)?

Ooh, here’s my guess:
Are you trying to record by pressing track+a/b?
If so, the flex recorders are different than pickups, pressing track+a/b forces recording of the a/b input selection…
Try track+c/d… :slight_smile:

1 Like

you know i got it right before i read this…what is happening is that i am using the foot pedal i guess cc’d directly to a/b recorder, so when i arm it with my foot i was just arming the a and b. when i rearm the oneshot trigger by pressing the trigger it works correctly. if i remember there is a cc to arm both, which is what i need in this case. one more octatrack hurdle cleared. thanks again mike!

3 Likes

So many possibilities !

Combo rec > Note 60
INAB rec > Note 61
INCD rec > Note 62
SRC3 rec > Note 63
Pickup Start / Stop > Note 64

CC 53 Recorder Arm
CC 59 let you send the notes above, with corresponding CC values.

With Pickups if you alternate note 60 and 64, you can rec, play, overdub, play etc…

I just got the record trig thing to work for the first time. But it only worked once haha back to the practice mobile.

It is hot shit when it works though! No more one hand on the flute and one on the OT shenanigans

i was just writing all that in. …ha. ok so. will try 53, that might work.

It’s possible as well to use qrec to quantize record for manual sampling or pickups. You can set it to pattern length or a number of steps I think up to 256, so you can press record and have it start on the next pattern cycle, or another quantized amount…

Do you overdub ?
If you can toggle between 2 CC values you can do this (CC59 tip) :

1 Like

hmm, no overdubbing for now. i’d rather keep tracks separate when using the octatrack like this.

ok, so i now have one footswitch doing INAB rec > Note 61
and the other doing INCD rec > Note 62

and then the last doing 69 (move to next track). all is working, only issue now is monitoring the individual signals (i wish that arming one when not arming all muted the input not in use) since i am using my digital piano as a controller for a streichfett as well as the piano sound. my workaround for this is turning down the synth i am not recording the moment. this would not be an issue using 2 synths, or 1 guitar and synth, etc.
i couldn’t get CC 53 Recorder Arm or
CC 59 to work.

i hear you… so many little details to get wrong. the good thing is that they cause so much frustration that once you understand what was going wrong it gets ingrained into your head…kind of like that one and only time as a kid that you stuck your finger into the wall socket.

1 Like

More monitoring possibilities with pickups.
:sleeping_bed: