Plinky

Time for me to learn to solder

For some definition of ā€œfewā€. I barely got my NTS-1 together. This could be a costly way to learn a new skill.

You must like IKEA. :grin:

1 Like

Hope to see any EU retailer soonā€¦ Brexit custom fees s*%# ! This is the main reason i wonā€™t take orders anymore from Thonkā€¦

Waaaannnnt !

I had a chance to buy this in August for ~$200 and passed, now selling on reverb between $1500-2500 USD.

Extortion or supply and demend? or none of the above.

1 Like

Saw one for sale second hand the other day for about Ā£300. People might be asking over $1500 but are they selling?

Ha, I passed too. This is insanity. As far as I know, itā€™s not going away. If anything, it might get a mk2-type revision. People are free to ask whatever price they want, but 10x markup is just plain hilarious.

No data on reverb from past sales so guess not.

I agree @cold_fashioned its ridiculous, mainly bc its a new piece of gear released thatā€™s not extremely innovative. Though you see crazy prices for vintage gear or flagship products, so not crazy i guess. Kind of like stock market where you see crypto skyrocket just from hype.

I think Iā€™m just missing out bc I sell gear at fair prices or below ie; access virus whiteout keyboard LE sold for $2k that someone flipped immediately for $3k :joy:

1 Like

I asked the guy on reverb why heā€™s selling his for 2500 I need answers

Also. Iā€™ve owned and played plenty of the hardware granular samplers that r out there mostly in eurorack. Iā€™m familiar with the gr-1. But idk if thereā€™s a granular sampler/synth out there that handles polyphony like this does combined with the playability you get with the touch sensors and I really want one!

Really disappointed in the resale market with music equipment. I get elevated prices for stuff thatā€™s out of production especially vintage stuff but I think overall itā€™s gotten way out of hand.

Any one recently get off the waiting list? Iā€™m curious where theyā€™re at in terms of sign up date.

I was surprised but not surprised to see Plinky has 5000 backorders

ffs

It has been a year exactly since thonk last updated their info page on the plinky shortages.

I have asked them per mail a few months ago if they would atleast update the information on the current status to which they replied they wouldnā€™t but it looks good for 2023.

Nothing has changed, the page still says September 7th 2022 and Iā€™m growing quite frustrated. This looks like an awesome project and an amazing synthesizer which I have been waiting for the better part of two years now.

Anyone has some positivity for me?

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve got a Discord, I think.

Plinky is now open source and thereā€™s a guy selling them (clone) on eBay. I just ordered oneā€¦

3 Likes

Saw those. Let us know what quality is like please. Always wanted one so defo interested

1 Like

Does that mean official production and support is abandoned by its creator ? If so, itā€™s too bad.

As far as I have read on the discord linked here (thank you @thermionic) it is not abandoned and he is still partnered with thonk. At the same time however he doesnā€™t know when they are going to get new parts and he made the thing open source so people can go that route if they so choose.

If I get around to it I want to check out how hard it would be to get all the parts and maybe just do it all by myself.

2 Likes