Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

That compression squash is delightful. Mind sharing your technique?

2 Likes

Yay! Ok so I’m trying to figure out how I can free up tracks so my sp404sx is the drums and the Octatrack is everything else and maybe even a pickup machine too. If you ever made a video I’d be eternally grateful I’m a very visual person.

1 Like

Dude, that’s just waht I’m doing! Sp404 for drums, OT for bass, music and fx!

Using and lfo on the velocity for on the sp 404, adding swing from the OT… Its great!

OK, well not great at videos but I’ll do one tomorrow for you!

Sweet thanks! No live sampling, boo! I’ll keep looking into it though, for some reason I think I would like it. But I already have a MD and Rytm… so I probably really don’t need it… …still.

The transition / break you use at :54 and elsewhere is rad. The transitions between parts though, to me, are abrupt. Like where the volume drops for everything except the baseline. That’s my only constructive criticism. The sample at the beginning though, gold haha! And the sounds fit the vibe. In that way, it’s coherent as a whole. Good job!

1 Like

probably sidechain in MPC or Ableton, short attack/release

Pm me an email and I’ll send you the video

1 Like

I didn’t mean for the volume to dip like that I’m gonna try taking the compressor off the master track maybe that’ll help

1 Like

I’ll admit I’m not usually one for hip hop in general, but I like the aesthetic of lofi beats a lot. This one is a bit darker than I usually go for.

All recorded directly out of my Octa (which I sometimes wish was a Deca). Light limiting in the DAW, phaser at the end of the track is Phase Mistress in the DAW. More processing/vinyl crackle/distortion from Retro Color software–but it’s not a lot.

Had some happy accidents with this guy. Took a piano sample and tried to make it “lofi” with LFOs to pitch and some distortion on it. Then I resampled it and played it back, and it was a lower pitch because of the previous settings. I liked it so I kept it, then resampled that and played it back, and again it was a lower pitch because of the original settings. I almost did it again but figured it sounded good and I should leave it haha.

12 Likes

New song. Let me know what y’all think writing lyrics to it now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like it. Maybe a bit tuning between the bass line and the melodie can make an even better tone.

1 Like

Ok :slight_smile: thanks for the tip. The bass is a different sample so is there a way to tune in an Octatrack or do I mess with the pitch or rate until it resonates better with the other samples? In ableton I can root to c or something.

When I mix samples on the Digitakt, I just play with the Tune (pitch) until I hear a good tone.

1 Like

I recently did my first sampling “contest”. The sample was introduced to the participants and everyone had 2 hours to create and arrange a beat. After that every track was played to the audience. I used OT only and recorded into a zoom.

I was really nervous but also had a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Online or at Cafe Wendel?

1 Like

It was at Prachtwerk. The location Cafe Wendel is not used anymore.

Unfortunately it’s far away from France :wink:

2 Likes

i sampled one of my favorite dilla and madlib songs, let me know what you think, im writting lyrics to this one now!

2 Likes

Noice, dude keep this up; these beats are so mellow your making butter jealous!

Love the change ups.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Liking this one too, the sample solo is a lot of fun. Thnks!

1 Like

1 Like