Please help with Digitakt and Keystep setup!

the notes from keystep that goes into dt are not forwarded to the midi out! only to the midi thru…

so to control the dn you have to set up a miditrack on the dt, which will control dn when active…

or you have to use a midi merger to merge dt out and thru into dn in

autochannel of dt and dn should be different…

wow - that was fast guys/gals!

I thought midi thru out of the DN was not an option as I want to send Prog Change messages from DN to DT?

Should I change auto ch. on the DN as well? I don’t want to be playing both the DT and DN at the same time from the keystep!

Remember. Thru passes on from In. Out is generated and sent.

@nionmu has some valid workarounds.

Ivar Tryti has a good video in how he uses his DT/DN together and this might help or give ideas for your MIDI setup between the two.

thanks RandomSkratch.

The Thru does indeed now pass on the midi info. Can’t get the DN to recognise the Keystep though! It’s being recognised on the DT though!

if you have the dn midi in still connected to the dt midi out, the notes from keystep will not reach dn, because they are only forwarded to the dt midi thru (not the dt midi out), as i wrote above already

you can try to set a midi track on dt with the dn auto channel. if you select this track on dt, you can play / sequence dn from keystep…

1 Like

And don’t forget to enable RECEIVE NOTES in the PORT CONFIG of the DN.

2 Likes

Yes Nionmu! i’ve setup a midi track on the DT to the auto channel of the DN and it works perfectly!

As advised, i’ll mostly be sequencing from each box independently, but now at least I can play the DN from the keystep, and even record sequences from the KS onto the DT!

Thanks for the perseverance guys, and the rapid responses! :):smiley:

1 Like