Please help me find a haunting piece of dirt delay

If you like the Chase Bliss stuff, maybe just get two of the same?

Two Ibanez DM1100 into an Analog Heat will pretty much satisfy your demands and sound incredible. I can tell you from many hours using that combo. I can give you some audio examples. Probably run you close to a thousand bucks though.

2 Likes

Get 2 EHX deluxe memoryman’s (men?), the old ones!

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like you want BBD chip delay. You want one with PT2399 chips.
Zoia is probably the best to get exactly what you want. It’ll take some extra effort to put the patch together.
Maybe Walrus Mako D1?
You probably won’t get more weird than the Bastl Thyme.
Edit: The dirtiest I found anywhere is the ezhi&aka

1 Like

EQD Avalanche Run V2 - lately I’v been enjoying creating lo-fi/“tape saturated” ambient textures with it.

1 Like

I do, actually. Interesting … hmmm …

I did shell out for the CXM 1978 and haven’t regretted it for a second. If I get the same kind of relationship with whatever I’m getting here, it’s worth the spend.

Have you considered getting an Octatrack again?
You could have many different weird delays for sure…
And all the grit you need!

2 Likes

No one mentioned Make Noise Strega. It uses PT2399 and it’s perfectly dirty :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would have, I love mine, but @circuitghost wants a stereo delay. I guess you could buy two, though.

I’ll record something for you, I mean it’s not exactly all-in-one but very versatile and most importantly sounds so damn good.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: that is so nice of you, I really appreciate it and I owe you one, mate :hearts: :fist_left:

I regularly consider returning to the Octatrack, but the fx section is never the reason :slight_smile: or actually, to some extent it is, but it’s for the very specific character of the eq and compressor. I never liked the delay and reverb much on the OT. So far, the pull of the blackbox remains as strong as ever, tho :slight_smile:

@qlamerand and @spikysimon nevertheless, I appreciate it and will check it out. One should always be ready to re-evaluate the feature list, and I guess stereo is one of those things I could drop if everything else was just spot on. Though I don’t know, then I guess I’d go for a Tonal Recall again if I felt that way, so maybe not, haha :slight_smile: the four part delay of the Prophet 12 really gave me a sweet tooth for experimental, multiple delays that are just all over the place.

I will, because BIM is what I immediately think of when reading your description.

There are a lot of other options and that’s what people have been suggesting, but BIM’s filters, limiter, input gain, distortion and lofi settings, lfo options, divisions, and ping-pong options all seem like they’d provide what you’re looking for. You can get a beautiful distorted crunchy delay that turns into the smoothest ambience thanks to the filters. It’s a special delay imo and worth trying.

4 Likes

If you have a MEK then checking out the stereo delay , with the feedback, distortion, output hack and tons of modulation options is going to be rewarding whatever!

Yeah, I feel like when I got mine I was more worried about it not being stereo but then in actual use as long as you have a send on your mixer and don’t lose the dry stereo image it sound really great. When you move it to dry it even does a nice job of layering in some centered saturation. You got the oscilator for some cool lofi ring mod type tricks. Personal thoughts are it is totally worth giving up stereo for what it offers in the haunting dirty delay space. That said BIM is also on my radar.

@circuitghost if you want to post up about a minute of dry stereo audio I could go through a range of processing settings on a strega. I suppose it is a bit of a mute point though if you plan on doing signal processing pre mixer as it would squash everything mono.

3 Likes

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. Maybe I could do just that, and anyone wanting to have a go at it, you’re more than welcome. @Hawk been kind enough to offer some sharing already, so I’d be grateful for any more such opportunities.

I’ll post something in a day or so. Got something being released tomorrow actually, so I need to focus on that first.

Benidub - (mono)

1 Like

SUHR Discovery Analogue Delay
intervew c creator around 9min20sec

1 Like

It’s not stereo though afaik

1 Like