Please help me choose mixer - solved

Mackie here. Have the vlz4 802…a keeper
If I knew before I would have bought the 1202…2 aux

images

The Roland MX-1. You can power and synchronise your JD-XA via the USB ports. It’s a cheap mixer, but has actually many awesome features. 96khz via USB to PC. It has a audio interface in it. Nice super easy sidechain feature, different filter models, 6 master effects and beides sidechaining you can slice steps, or use a filter on different steps, per channel.
Unfortunately it has not many input, but for your setup it would be perfect.

Ca. 350-400€
I would recommend a setuplike this:
Digitakt controls MIDI of JD-XA. From JD-XA the MIDI over USB to the MX-1, this will synchronise the MX-1 this is important for the additional effects from the mixer, like sidechain effect for example.
All audio out go into the mixer inputs. Then you can feed the Digitakt inputs with the aux channel, so you can record everything that goes into the mixer. The main output from the mixer into the speakers and for recording, the usb from the MX1 mixer into your PC.
This way, you can even resample Sound via the mixer, use the effects, mix different sound sources and send it back to the Digitakt. If you would like to sample something from a device like iPad or MP3 player you can input via the different kinds of inputs of the MX-1 and send the signal from there to the DT.

Edit: Sorry i just saw that this one was already mentioned

OP only needs to edit their title post with the follow up. and edit the title with the appendix “solved”

1 Like