Please Help! Analog Rytm not being recognised by overbridge

Hello,

I just bought the Elektron analog rytm today and while everything else seems to be going fine and the machine seems to be functioning normally I cannot connect it to my laptop using overbridge I have installed the latest versions of both overbridge and the rytm mk1 OS however The computer is not registering the machine at all except for when it is in “USB-Midi Only” mode. in that mode it can be seen inside ableton as a midi driver/port and also I was able to both update the OS using C6 and also transfer files to the rytm using transfer so I know that the machine is connected and being picked up it just wont seem to work with overbridge and when in “Overbridge Mode” it is not being picked up by either the transfer software or inside the ableton midi preferences window. when I open the overbridge software inside ableton a little blue banner with the message “Attempting to auto select device. Please make sure your device is connected and turned on” is shown however the machine is both turned on and connected. Please could you get back to me with some advice on what is going on/what i’m doing wrong.

many thanks

Overbridge doesn’t work with the latest OS yet

I just installed reinstalled OS 1.31B and it still isn’t registering the rytm through overbridge. any idea why that would be?

what version of OB?

Overbridge 1.15.0 . I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it just in case

Maybe reboot your PC and make sure you set your RYTM back to Overbridge and not USB-MIDI

just did it. still not registering the rytm :frowning:

Weird, you sure the OS downgrade to 1.31 worked?

It seemed to, I just installed overbridge on my old windows laptop and it connected to the rytm no problem so it must be some kind of problem with the latest version of osx or some problem with my laptop. Are there known problems running overbridge on macbooks with usb-c imputs?

Also thanks for the help, its really appreciated!

Hey @afxhead109, not sure if this is still useful but I had the same exact problem as you with Overbridge 1.15. I updated to Overbridge 2 today as well as the associated Elektron OS and it works like a charm. See thread here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-11-public-beta-plugins-drivers-and-firmware/80284.

What I gather may be the issue is that the latest OSXes (not sure from which version they started this) block automatically certain new software installed. To unblock, you need to go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and allow Overbridge to run. I needed to do this for Overbridge 2 to run, and I may have forgotten to do it when I installed 1.15. In any case, the above works.

Hope this helps.