Plays Free Problem - tracks out of sync

Hello folks,

I’m experiencing a weird problem with the plays free mode and hope someone can help me with that.

Here’s the situation:

T1 Kick (individual triggers)
T2 Clap (individual triggers)
T3 Hihat (individual triggers)
T4 Percussion (Loop)
T5 Bass (Loop)
T6 Lead (Loop)
T7 nothing yet
T8 Master

all tracks set to plays free and TRIG QUANT 16/16

My expectation: every Track that I activate with the Trig Keys 1 to 8 should always start on Step 1 of the sequencer, so in perfect sync.
In fact I’ve just set this half an hour ago and it worked just like that.

Then I ate dinner, came back, tried again and somehow everythings out of sync :see_no_evil: wtf? When I now trigger a Track they all just start right away - like if TRIG QUANT was set to DIRECT, which is definitely not the case.

What I am missing here?
The pattern settings for all tracks are:
START SILENT AUTO
PLAY FREE X
OHNESHOT TRK no
TRIG MODE ONE2
TRIG QUANT 16/16 <- (tried that with 4/16 before as well which worked fine, but doesnt now)

ps: just restarted the OT, pressed play, triggered my kick, then triggered the bassline and hurray it started in time. stopped the sequencer and tried again - same weird shit as before, the tracks just fire off directly

ps ps: same as above again. it worked. then it didnt. then it worked again. now it wont work again no matter how many times i restart the sequence

please help me :weary:

nobody? :confused:

Did you press play before ?

Never eat during an Octatrack session…

2 Likes

@Herr_Rausch ?
:play_or_pause_button:

jeeeesus effin christ… i feel superstupid now.
i literally tried to fix this for 1 or 2 hours and was so frustrated after that I neglected the OT for a bit - thus the late answer, sorry!
but yeah, youre absolutely right, I apparently just didnt press play.
so thanks a lot youre always super helpful!

1 Like