Playing full tracks

Greetings, still new at this, and want to know a few things…
Can you load 4-5 minute tracks in the octatrack and use all 8 banks to perform a mix ? In other words, to what extent can the octatrack go as far as a dj unit ? I’m wanting to do some serious live mixes with it. All i know so far is using it as a looper machine.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah u can do it. You can put the bpm in the filename to help the OT figure it out, otherwise input bpm manually in the sample attributes page, set your loop points in individual files and be sure to save the sample settings. From there you set a scene for Xfading. Just be sure to set each track to plays free mode and the PLEN to whatever you like to quantize to. Then when you fire off the respective tracks everything should be in time. Plenty of threads on this if u do a little searchin :wink:

1 Like

Ya, thanks for the reply. I’m still a noob and learning about how to assign the xfader. The manual says to assign it to one of the trig keys, Min/Max etc. It’s alot of steps but I guess that’s the nature of this beast.

…in fact, the ot is the ONLY alternative when it comes to hit a stage NOT using a computer…

because it can stream from the card…if you wanna touch the limits and use more than 5, even up to 8 static machines at the same time, which means nothing but 8 full cd playbacks at once, so to say, then u really have to keep an eye on the quality of ur cf card…they got big differences…
don’t go for the cheapest here…really…
but simulating two or three complete decks per streaming via static machines always worx…even with the cheap ones…

…oh and yeah…many ways to rome here…best to start full or halfplaybacks are one shot trigs…