Playback of Long sample issue

Hi

Please forgive the noob question, I have some long field recordings mostly of rain/nature. I am trying to get one of these samples which is 15 mins in length to loop in its entirety. Using a static machine.
I either have to trigger the sample manually in which case it does not appear to loop or if I set a trig on step one it obviously plays for the max loop length of 64 steps before restarting at the beginning.

Setup a one shot trig and then arm in at anytime before the end.

1 Like

Hi
If you trigger a sample in one pattern then move to the next pattern (pattern chaining), then the sample from the first pattern will continue to play into the next pattern and for however many patterns you want the sample to play thru (page 78 of the manual).

Alternatively/in addition, you can slow down the pattern in scale set up by reducing the tempo multiplier (page 92 in the manual) to get much longer patterns (with the downside of increasing the length of the minimum trig length).

1 Like

Trigging the sample manually should not have a problem looping. To check it loops without waiting 15 minutes (!) you can start it with rate at -64 so that it plays backwards from the end and then turn it to +64 to go forward to the end and (hopefully loop). If it doesn’t then check your settings in sample attributes and track loop mode

4 Likes

Thank you guys

1 Like