Playback gets carried over after changing to a different part, plus internal resampling issues

Hello (OT MK1)

so I’m working in a very long arrangement for a dance performance. I’m having to use multiple patterns, parts and banks, I’m also having to resample myself a lot.

• Playback issues:
    I’m transitioning from a pattern to another, both assigned to different parts. In track [1] with neighbor on [2] I’m playing a long sample from the statics, I do a little recording of things to keep on playing on the next pattern. Once I changed, I still have playback in track [2] from the previous part, even though this is a different pattern and bank. This new track hasn’t engaged any sounds yet.
    I know as soon as I play something in this track, previous playback will stop, but I need to figure out a different way to stop it more automatically/nicer.

• internal resampling issues:
    it is just inconsistent to me sometimes. As I mention, I will heavily relying on resampling (and the arranger) considering the many parts and different audio sources I’m using and sometimes it just doesn’t work. My way to go is to record SR3 pointing to CUE, so it’s simpler to handle every resampling moment with different tracks.
    I just thought it was the used buffer giving me troubles but that doesn’t make much sense. I also restart the machine and now resamples without troubles either by [track + MIDI] or rearming the track [track + yes].
    I cannot even finish this post because comes and goes, it drives me nuts, it doesn’t work again.

some info about the pattern in question: Everything happens with the Arranger running. I could also say I adjust the length in the arranger to 128 since I have some patterns running 1/2 with a length of 64, hence the 128. The pattern is also right before a [loop] row so I can wait in there and decide when to record the CUE input I mentioned before.

I really can’t figure out the issue. In the past I have also felt let down dealing with internal sampling, it’s just that now I’m doing serious work with this and it concerns me that it messes up my playing because of unexpected things like this

For your Playback question, the sample is still playing because there is no instruction to stop playing. You can place a trig at the start of the next pattern, be it a trigless lock to the amp vol, or env or some other method of getting what you want.

Not sure I understand your resampling question, so i cant help there.

1 Like

Regarding playback, there’s a general setting and a per pattern, track settings to silence tracks when you switch patterns/parts, I think it might be what you’re looking for (never used it though…)

1 Like

Buggy behaviors with REC SETUP and part changes.
The last tweaked value (RLEN for instance) can be maintained after a part change, without updating the new part value.

Ex :
Part 1, previously set to SRC3 = T7, you change SRC3 to T8
Pattern 1 (part 1) > Pattern 2 (part 2)
Bug : Part 2 records T8 instead of T1 (set value)

That’s why it can work after a power cycle. Maybe SAVE/RELOAD parts, bank or project works too.

Reported 9 years ago…
Octatrack OS Bug Reports - #64 by Open_Mike

3 Likes

this makes sense to me, I will try it out. I feel I’m still not use to “the other” non conventional trigs, thanks a lot

1 Like