Play/Stop Digitakt with MIDI footpedal

Hi!

Is there anyway to press “Play” on a Digitakt via a MIDI pedal (i.e. Nektar Pacer)?

Cheers!

Rich

if the pedal can send start/stop MIDI messages then it’s possible to do that. check the Pacer manual to see what it says about MIDI. also check this message in the thread

1 Like

Cheers @guga!

Many other pedals can do this, but there is nothing in the Nektar Pacer’s documentation that indicates that it can send MIDI transport or clock messages.

It appears to be intended to work with DAWs using MIDI Machine Control, which is different from what the DT responds to.

Nektar could surely update the Pacer to do this if you don’t want to go via a DAW.

1 Like

Hi @PeterHanes
Thanks for this - apologies for the slow response.
Could you give an example of a MIDI footpedal that DOES allow you to start/stop, and change patches?
Cheers!
Rich

I use a Source Audio Soleman pedal for this purpose with my Elektron gear. I expect that it would work with the Digitakt.

You could search the forum and find several topics that give other examples of such pedals that are used by other forum members.

1 Like

i’ve used the mornintstar pedals with the Digitakt, and they worked great.

1 Like

Been trying to figure something out, going back to this forum and others a lot and finally got something working. Though I’d leave it here as it’s a relatively cost effective solution and can’t see a lot of other solutions out there.

Step Audio One Trick Pony (start and stop)
Tech 21 Midi Mouse (changes patterns up and down)
Both plugged into Midi Solutions Midi Merger

Note that DT does NOT need clock send anymore.

Could save a bit more in hindsight if used a Midi Solutions Dual Footswitch, the Midi Mouse and just a standard keyboard pedal into the MS Dual Footswitch’s 1/4" input.

Add this one to the list of gear. It’ll do Start/Stop, it’ll send Clock (if you want) and it can be programmed with custom MIDI commands, such as a command that will reach out and load a Patch in other gear when it loads a new Preset. There’s a bunch of other stuff in there too, mostly based around timing of commands.

DISCLAIMER: I make this.