Play button does nothing - Help!

Hi, the a4 doesnt work anymore. If i put the Play Button there is no react except the Information undo possible. The Display looks totaly different i will load up a Photo of this. I tried everything, Reset, factory reset, reload the current firmware etc. in the past it helped but now it doesnt work anymore! :sob:

Hold function whilst booting up and select test mode - check for errors and test all buttons

amongst other things it appears your function button may be stuck as you are getting evidence of a clear operation - so test mode may reveal that if it works

start there and report errors to Elektron

6 Likes

Hi, thanks for quick reply. Done testmode a few times before there are on errors. Itā€™s quite spooky! And it make me Crazy!

I think maybe it could be a software bug or a hardware damage, but i t should Be shown in the testmode menue. :thinking:

Whatever you do, Open a support Ticket with Elektron, they know best what to do.
If you had this before more often, and needed to Reset more often its Not good at all.

1 Like

Did you somehow swap the A4 psu with Octatrack?

Iā€™ve had that happen with my Rytm and labeled them explicitly for that reasonā€¦

I even had ā€œerrorsā€ while tuning.

1 Like

Hi, i dont know exactly what you mean. What means psu? I have an octatrack but all devices are connected with a motu Midi Express xt Interface. I got Right you had the same issue just with your rytm? How you solve this?

Best Regards

Ok, powersupply :smile:. Show your Display the same like my upload?

1 Like

You have to precise OT version.
MKI psu is different from MKIIā€™s, which seems similar to recent psus.

Thought about that too, but in that case it should start in Test mode, isnā€™t it?
Iā€™d also try to press REC before PLAY to check the behaviorā€¦

Testmode shows absolutely no errors. Now it works again. But i dont know how long and which bug is responsible. I tried everything Factory reset, reinstalled os and so on. At this Time nothing works. I pulled out the mains plug and After maybe Two Hours it works like New :thinking: maybe there midi datas from Midi Express or a other device which confused the a4?

Have you tested all buttons in test mode? Especially the function button extensively?

Donā€™t just rely on the auto test results displayed. If, for example, the function button isnā€™t permanently sticky but only sticks from time to time the auto tests canā€™t catch the problem.

The auto tests may not even test for sticky buttons.

1 Like

No i didnt do that but the error which you can see on the photo comes when device will turn on in other words it isnt influenceable and it seems to be arbitrariness in my opinion because i dont know the Root cause. But i will Test it. Regards

Oooh, yes, too much incoming Midi Data can cause weird behaviour too.
Unplug Midi/USB and try a reset. If that works, hunt down the source of Midi Data.
I had this once with a Moog Voyager. Root cause was too much incoming Midi.

1 Like