[Plane] How to carry 3 Elektron boxes?

Right.
I fly with my gear a lot. And although it won’t get checked in as under carriage luggage, I just like the added protection with putting it up in bins, and into taxis and such.
One of the reasons I went with the bright red case was security.
It’s very obvious when it is on the move. So if anyone wants to take a chance, they had better move fast!

Yeah totally.
You would be surprised how resilient this gear is. I build & test for WMD and now after working with a fair amount of gear I have plenty of confidence in my gear’s saftey with 1/2" of foam on all sides. The PL-2 covers add extra confidence on protecting the encoders. I do wish the Octacrack’s jacks weren’t sticking out but I dont forsee this as a problem.

The red is a brilliant Idea!
I might do a couple neon green strips of tape or something to make mine stand out.

Best 3 Elektron hard case for a plane for more details, pics.

Another reason I opted for the HPRC was the additional interior space was definitely needed for the MonoMachine’s protruding 1/4" audio jacks.

Update:

Instead of getting custom cut foam, I just got some 1/2" pieces to replace the middle slots and a 1/2 piece for the lid.

Also, the slot on top perfectly fits all 3 power supplies! :slight_smile:

It’s pretty solid IMO.

Anybody have suggestions on what glue to use to make some areas more sturdy?

1 Like

My experience with Pelican and HPRC cases is to not use glue. I find that the objects in their custom fit enclosures is the best way to ensure a sturdy fit. It will always feel a little “loose” when the objects are outside of the case. I used glue when I had a Pelican case for my MPC2000XL 13 years ago and the hardened foam from the glue scratched the MPC.

That said, as you’ve modified the internal foam with 3rd party foam… if you need glue to secure the newly cut foam pieces to the original pick/pluck foam - go to your local arts & crafts store and look for “foam glue” or “styro foam glue”. Just make sure any surfaces that have the glue on them won’t touch your equipment.
Best of luck!

http://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/riot-dj-trolley/riot-dj-trolley-2-e.php3
This is the one I just bought. Can fit 4 elektrons sideways, with dust covers on.

1 Like

I would look here first

http://www.swanflight.com/