Plaid are back

The Plaid show which was supposed to happen here (NYC) tonight was rescheduled for August :(. Anyone happen to know why?

edit: just looked into it:

• UK electronic vets Plaid were supposed to start their North American tour today in Montreal but they’ve just announced it’s been postponed till the summer due to “logistical and administration issues beyond our control.” They add, “We would like to apologize for the inconvenience it will cause the artists booked to perform with us and our fans, who we hate to disappoint.”*

Guess that means it wasn’t going to be profitable. I checked last week and saw that tickets were still available which bummed me out a little.

I have no idea but that line seems more to do with working visas to me. Brexit paperwork?

2 Likes

I was told it’s due to Visa issues, yeah. Bummer, but at least it’s not completely canceled.

3 Likes

Wow that must be so frustrating…

Brexit was Europe not USA.

I bought the recent album but haven’t actually listened to it yet…I skimmed through but nothing caught my ear…perhaps I’m stuck in not for three’s / early plaid like I am with autechre’s early material. Clever weird tempos, structures and note scales are putting me off.

1 Like

Caught them last night in Copenhagen - maybe 200 people? 4 performers on stage. Great show, beautiful sound, very transporting. Thanks for the motivation Elektronauts!

2 Likes

Well, the US dates got pushed back again. We scheduled a trip to L.A. specifically for that show, and now it’s in January. On the bright side, we will be on the coast in slightly cooler weather while it’s 100F (38C) back home.

2 Likes