Pittsburgh SV-1 BlackBox

I got my hands on the SV1 a few months back in a swap. It sounds bloody excellent, so much so I’ve hardly looked at other mono synths since; I’m only interested in acquiring modules to compliment / expand it. I got the x2 48 hp case with it which I view as a healthy limitation!

3 Likes

Ive done the exact same thing with my Microvolt. Felt it did the solid thing well enough that I could go further off-piste: sold my M32 for a “mini” shared system.

2 Likes

Cool. “shared system” as in Make Noise? Which modules have you added?

I’ve still not added anything, but here’s my plan;

2 Likes

Yep. DPO/Maths/moddemix/Optomix. Maybe adding a Cold Mac…Gettin weird.

1 Like

If you get a Cold Mac, you’ll have to get Three Sisters - a very, very unique filter! Damn you @xidnpnlss you got me looking at Mannequins again! The tyranny of choice with eurorack. Also their sampler thingy in 2hp looks very powerful and unique.

Then one of these to get modulation from the OT into the system

Yeah I’m trying not to think that I made a mistake by going for maths and not batumi+cold mac. I don’t want to fall into the eurocrack trap so quickly.

3 sisters is sold out and people are committing extortion on Reverb. I can definitely wait.

Anyway OT: 3 cheers for Pittsburgh!

1 Like

Agreed!

They have the none Blackbox modules in stock atm, 1st time I think.

This is not the desktop right?

Nope, that’s the eurorack module, tbh I didn’t check if they have the blackbox but they never added it to their stock.

Check Juno, that’s where the blackbox I got came from, I know they had the mk1 in stock but only on ebay and at full rrp.

Ok tks

it should be black… i couldnt buy a grey synth these days… theyre out of fashion.

I recently got three modules to go with my SV-1. Very happy with them

Here’s the aim now - Javelin envelope and wavefolder next - when finances permit :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think I snapped up one of the last couple available in the UK a few months back (the Blackbox), I’m definitely glad I did, it’s a weird and wonderful little synth.

3 Likes

It sounds so good just as.a normal 2 Osc synth if you just connect the pitch to the 2nd osc

2 Likes

Yea as I just got the Blackbox I don’t have the touch controller but I bought the 0-Cntrl at the same time and it’s like it’s made for it. You’re right though, sometimes I’ll just play it with a midi keyboard like a normal mono synth and it sounds fantastic.

1 Like

I have that and the microvolt, great pair, opposite sides of the same card. The touch controller looks tempting, but I’m not looking into, I’m probably better off not knowing what it can do.

Seems like they might be releasing the Voltage Lab Blackbox again, not sure. The three units together would just be nuts.

1 Like

It was mentioned in the walk-through above iirc but not in the same format.

The 0-Ctrl is hopefully coming some day, and I can’t wait to try it with the SV-1 and 0-Coast, and pretty much everything else with patch points.

1 Like