Pictures Of Gear

Current set up while OT is away having surgery.
A4 is master clock, sends CV to Moog SP, Vermona receives midi from Ableton Live, Monome sequences soft-synth (keys).

1 Like

hello from china.

4 Likes

Some slick set ups here! Nice to see some more lava lamps :slight_smile:

:joy: nĒ hĒŽo

Thanks! Keeping it tidy is the challenge, but I think a clear workspace leads to a clear head.

Nice! what are you using to raise at an angle some of the instruments? Iā€™m looking for a cheap way to do it :slight_smile:

Nice! what are you using to raise at an angle some of the instruments? Iā€™m looking for a cheap way to do it :-)[/quote]
Those are Ikea Brada Laptop thingies. Youā€™ll find them with if you search that. They are only ā‚¬4 each :+1: Nice ergonomic angle for seated activity

1 Like

Nice! what are you using to raise at an angle some of the instruments? Iā€™m looking for a cheap way to do it :-)[/quote]
Those are Ikea Brada Laptop thingies. Youā€™ll find them with if you search that. They are only ā‚¬4 each :+1: Nice ergonomic angle for seated activity[/quote]
Nice, gonna get myself one of those tomorrow when Iā€™m at Ikea, never thought of that ! Nice setup too btw, canā€™t help but wonder how much action your 626/525 gets in the midst of those heavyweight drumboxes :wink:
Might dig mine out itā€™s box, itā€™s been a long time in there !

Those are Ikea Brada Laptop thingies. Youā€™ll find them with if you search that. They are only ā‚¬4 each :+1: Nice ergonomic angle for seated activity[/quote]
Nice, gonna get myself one of those tomorrow when Iā€™m at Ikea, never thought of that ! Nice setup too btw, canā€™t help but wonder how much action your 626/525 gets in the midst of those heavyweight drumboxes :wink:
Might dig mine out itā€™s box, itā€™s been a long time in there ![/quote]
Cheers. Thanks. Do you mean the 505 and the 606?
505 has been sampled to bits and doesnā€™t see much use these days, but the 606 is one of my favorites. The poor mans 808. I use it all the time. The trigger outs can clock the Arp/Sequencer of the 101 (or any analog clock input for that matter) which is awesome. My 606 is modified with a Quicksilver CPU and Midi I/O. Plays nicely with everything now :+1:

Hereā€™s the quicksilver mod. Itā€™s awesome. Doesnā€™t affect the analog signal path just a new brain for your old 606. Really makes the 606 into a studio worthy machine.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/04/05/quicksilver-606/

I am seriously considering selling the x0x and getting a real 303 (with a quicksilver upgrade) when I have the money of course. Bit of a one trick pony I know, but the money I get for the x0x should offset the ridiculous price (and it is ridiculous). But I might sleep better at nigh knowing I have oneā€¦ maybe.
At the moment I have it synced with MD and x0xb0x with their outputs fed through the MD for fx. Was recording some stuff earlier. Iā€™ll post it in the music section later :wink:

sorry went a bit off-topic there

nah, the 606 I rocognise, what else, I was looking at the cropped machine two right of your iMac, thought it might be a 626 or a 525, but itā€™s defo a 525, no ? Iā€™ve had both, just got the 626 now ! Love to have a 606, timeless, i sold rolandā€™s last ever analogue drum machine 110 to get the 525 ā€¦ doh!

[edit] ignore me - brain fried - is a 505 !!!

Yeah itā€™s a 505. Basically the same as the 626 but with less outputs. Was only ā‚¬80 from my local buy & sell. Iā€™ve heard they are ripe for circuit bend modifications. Maybe Iā€™ll go that route as itā€™s not getting much other use

ha~你儽~

Damn. Nice! I sometimes dream of getting a modular system up myself, to team it up with the Octatrack and go bananas. :wink:

Now it works ā€¦

nothing special ā€¦ a very minimal setup,

before Xmas a xoxbox will join, and maybe a small modular

the blokey needs to be put on top of some sort of shelve, so that my audio-interface fits under it

1 Like

Crappy picsā€¦ But you get it!

2 Likes

Yeah the modular is nice. I built everything in there. Honestly since I just got the OT and A4 I have spent the last month really just learning them. I am looking forward to bringing it all together now though! Thanks.

[quote="ā€œPESā€"]

Itā€™s the corner of a semi-abandoned kitchen actually. :wink:

Hereā€™s another temporary setup - a living room variant where the A4 is playing together with Renoise:

@VictorStar: thatā€™s a tidy and good-looking setup youā€™ve got there![/quote]
Love how the keyboard fits the A4. Do you know if that would work with something like the Kenton MIDI USB Host? Iā€™d like a keyboard exactly like that but without having to plug it in to a computer.

Iā€™ve used a headless Raspberry Pi as a USB host for just this task, set up a UNIX script to detect the two class compliant USB devices (one input, one output) and link them, no X-windows, no monitor/qwertykeys/mouse needed, very small footprint and very cheap !
Also covered in this thread

Iā€™ve used a headless Raspberry Pi as a USB host for just this task, set up a UNIX script to detect the two class compliant USB devices (one input, one output) and link them, no X-windows, no monitor/qwertykeys/mouse needed, very small footprint and very cheap !
Also covered in this thread[/quote]
Thank you!