Pickup slave starts recording halfway the buffer

I gave the Pickup machines another shot. Going nuts again :angry:

I have one track as the master, I record a loop of 64steps.

Sync it to the sequencer. Press start

record a second loop (slave). Length set to X4. Loop is to be 256 steps. All good.

BUT
the slave pickup machine starts writing at step 65 the recording buffer instead of at the beginning. (step 65 of 256, it skips the first quarter for some reason). No problem as long as the sequencer is running. But when I try to start it again, it starts to play from the beginning of the buffer, which is the last quarter of the recording.

This is definitely a bug. Tried all kinds of things. Been at it all day.

Anyone has a solution for this?

QREC instead of X4 maybe ?

1 Like

I have QREC on 32. But If I disable X4, the OT stretches the sound buffer when I press play. Very weird.

I was thinking about QREC = 256, master pattern length has to be equal or above IIRC.

Concerning timestretch, it’s problably a wrong recording length problem. Power of 2 values needed (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, etc…)

Yes indeed. I was trying to make a loop of 256+16, so that I would have an empty measure before the loop starts again. But the OT timestretches it to a twice that lengte (256+256)
QRec of 256 works, but that is a long time to wait to create the second loop. Anyway, thanks for the advice. Will think about it some more…

Thinking about Multiply function which multiplies by 2 the first recording length…
What if you do that before recording another track?

Multiply works on OT MKI with a combo (Track + Midi or something), not sure if they solved that missing combo on MKII.

1 Like