Pickup Machine as Slave

Could you try doing this with just headphones, no speaker?

I’m assuming you’re talking about feedback as in shrill tones coming out of a speaker. Let’s make sure your speaker is not the problem here.

just stumbled upon this and immediately went to try it out. :slight_smile:

Though when I overdub on the Pickup machine on T1, the Flex machine on T2 (playing back Recording Buffer 1) stops playback for the duration of the overdub on T1. Any advice?

EDIT: actually it seems to stop playback on the Flex track when I conclude the overdub on the pickup track (by pressing Rec1 again…QREC is quantised to PLEN…so when the quantised overdub turns off, the flex track playback stops with it)

Also, re looping & overdubbing on Flex machines alone (recording Input AB + SRC3 self), any ideas on how to control the volume of the recording coming through on REC3/SRC?

Merci!!

You have to disable timestrech, don’t use pitch up and reverse at the beginning of Flex playback.
I just made a test, a +1/384 microtiming seemed necessary on the 1st step.

Could you elaborate?

3 Likes

Amazing!! You are the man for all things OT forensics :)), thank you !!!

Re the second question, when I loop through Flex entirely, the signal coming in from Input AB is lower than the signal coming in from the resampling lane (REC3). So every time I overdub, the re-recorded loop will be significantly louder than the new layer. What is more, the track as such plays back fine in terms of gain staging, but when rerecorded over REC3 it’s basically way too hot and clipping. I did play around with the track volume and gain (Vol under Amp) and that “fixed it”, I just wonder if there’s a way to control the gain staging of REC3 similar to the way I can adjust the gain staging for inputs AB and CD on the Mixer page. Because currently my response to the problem is to lower the volume of the track in the mix (rather than lower the gain on the “resampling input” / REC3…but not sure if the latter is even possible).

If you record a track with SRC3 = T1-T8, recording level depends on VOL and Fx, but track LEVEL doesn’t change recording level.
Don’t hesitate to ask more next year! :content:

4 Likes