Picking up an OT tomorrow :))

I got mine in I think May and I’ve hardly recorded at all since then because I spend all my music time practicing with the Octatrack.

That’s where I am right now. Got an OT around the same time that you did, and because of touring work, I’ve been able to spend most of December through February digging into my OT daily.

I’ll second @Open_Mike and @JuanSOLO - go practice ( play/explore/“where did my sound go?!?!”<-( then figure it out! ) AND try all the techniques from the YouToob and other vids, even if they don’t seem useful, you’ll learn something.

I’ve been thinking of my OT as a 5 track recorder, 2 Thru machines, and a master track. 3 loopers feed two looper / mixdown recorders, fed by percussion and iPad.

It’s just an instrument! Learn it and bend it to your will.

2 Likes

I’m a month into an OT and I definitely expected it to be more difficult reading some of the comments here over the past year or so. I think owning another Elektron box before, you the Digitakt, me the Rytm, makes a big difference. Being familiar with the sequencer is crucial. Get the Rytm! The analog compressor, distortion, and filters are worth the price imo.

1 Like

OT rang to my door ! Let the madness begin !

1 Like

Welcome, see you in French AF maybe… :wink: