Pet Peeves: music related

I dislike it when people say some music is better than others - no, YOU prefer it but it is not better.

As mentioned above, I dislike ‘first jam’ videos. I don’t want to see your first jam, I want to see what it can do when you’re good at using it.

YouTube videos without time stamps - maybe I’m spoiled now, but having the time stamps allows me to easily skip through your waffle and skill share advertising.

Real instruments in techno. Please keep your flutes, saxophone and horns to your yourself.

8 Likes

Fuck sake Fin :laughing:

15 is the best one on that list.

3 Likes

I could never stand the „when I say… you say…“ parts of rap concerts. Perform your songs that’s what people came for and not to be incited to „have some fun“.

2 Likes

omg

“what if there’s a mk3?!?!”

“the guy left so they can’t update it anymore!!!”

STOP

10 Likes

I’m not even asking them for anything special, just a simple cheese and pickle sandwich.
If they can magic 40,000 likes out of their suspiciously visible cleavage you’d think a fucking cheese and pickle sandwich wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

7 Likes

Granary bread mind.

Good list. I didnt want to start. To quote Gerorge Carlin, “this a list of things that are pissing me off, I dont have pet peeves, I have major psychotic episodes…”

4 Likes

Posh wanker.

Hovis 50/50 at a push

Suspicious cleavage calls for posh bread.

3 Likes

That sounds like a clue in the Guardian crossword.

11 Likes

I’ll chip in.

Plants, a chemex and generative eurorack videos in a white room. Just, fuck off already.

They seem to associate plants with ambient music and I don’t know why as I fed my Dracaena some Will Haven once and I swear it had a growth spurt.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, fucking generative music can fuck off as well.

8 Likes

Its just total bollocks. If they labelled as such, I would respect it.

Total bollocks, by Some Numpty with 4 Racks of Euro. (Featuring miniature succulents)

1 Like

I’ll fite u

3 Likes

These motherfuckers (and the people who use them)

image image

And any other adapter which disobeys the laws of common sense, having a large socket to a small plug, in a rigid format, because no strain relief and it will damage your gear.

If you really must, then at least use something like this:

Better yet you should use a 3.5mm cable with an adapter to take it up to 1/4” like this:

Ideally though just use the proper cable.

28 Likes

I have massive respect for the effort you’ve gone to here.

5 Likes

When you’re peeved what choice is there? :laughing:

4 Likes

Also, while we’re here, I’m not having the concept of being peeved.

Peeved is the sort of thing a vicar might be when Gladys forgets to make scones for the village fête. I’m not peeved, I’m bloody aggravated.

7 Likes

Images of gear with pets sprawled across them.

I hate all those iddy biddy kick starter type instruments and devices.

Don’t like people referring to sequencers as the “Brain”. I literally shout F**k off when I read that.

2 Likes

I think maybe you are my spirit animal…

4 Likes