Performer 0.10.3b is out

Change log for Performer 0.10.3b
Feb/10/2017

Support for the Analog Heat

• There is a new Module to control the Analog Heat in a very special way. VIDEO coming ASAP working on it’s content right now.

The module is designed to be used in conjunction with a Thermini by Moog but it can also be controlled with a virtual controller you can load on any browser on your cellphone or tablet or your own controller (better if it is 14bits capable).

Features:

• 2 Modules (1 per antena).

• 14 bit resolution for all parameters that supports that resolution. You can play the theremin using Analog Heat multimode filter self oscillation as the sound source step free completely smooth.

• Learn function to assign destinations.

• Up to 6 destination can be controlled per module.

• Window and curve per destination to create complex modulations.

• Re-scale and Curve for the controller data.

• Preset recalling. Four presets per snapshot can be set, one can be recalled when recalling the snapshot and the other 3 can be recalled using gestures on the theremini, or the Octatrack crossfader hot zones.

• Quantize with micro timing for perfect timed preset recalling.

• No Gap/silence function for seamless transitions between characters even when fully wet.

• LFO full range TEMPO function. Allows to go from 0 to max speed without loosing resolution like when you have a high multiplier and want to go smooth on the slowest values.

VIRTUAL CONTROLLER:

IMPORTANT: Miraweb can crash Max when establishing connection, so start by saving all your work then close everything and then start loading only the virtual-theremini-miraweb.maxpat, then do establish connection, then load the rest off Performer. In my experience, after connecting there are no crashes, please let me know if there is some crash while using it after connecting.

To use the virtual controller you need to have MIRAWEB package installed on MAX, then load the patch virtual-theremini-miraweb and take note of the http address. Now on your mobile device (who needs to be connected to the same network your computer is connected) open your web browser and point it to the http address and follow the instructions.

YOUR OWN CONTROLLER:

Or you can use your own controller, just set the Theremini port on the Satellite app to the port your controller is connected (or its own USB port), then send:

• As the Volume antenna (MODULE A): CC 2 MSB / CC 34 LSB
  • As the Pitch antenna (MODULE B): CC 20 MSB CC 52 LSB

If you don’t want to load the Analog Heat module just delete or rename AHPC.maxpat from the main Performer folder.

New Functions for Custom Keypads:

• Now you can use polyphonic aftertouch on custom keypads to send continuos controllers (like RYTM performance macros), just set MIN and MAX as a regular CC then activate the PP button. Remember that you can control several devices at once with a single KeyPad.

• Individual notes can be turned on or off while editing directly from PUSH. While editing use the buttons 1/!6 to 1/4: tap to select unselect, hold to turn on/off, then use Tempo knob to change pitch or use octaves UP/Down buttons to change the octave.

• Now you can send program changes and static channel pressure using the note messages.

Just set a note bellow C-2 using your computer keyboard’s arrows:

1 step will send PGM change for Bank 0,

2 steps down will send PGM for BANK 1 (for Octatrack users) who need to access banks I to P,

3 steps down will send a static Channel Pressure.

I use this last one because I have a knob controller that sends pressure so I can use its knobs to modulate sounds on the AF and RYTM, then if I need to reset the modulation I can automate that using custom keypads and with the AutoLaunch feature.

Other Fixes:

• Unexpected jump to bank 13 when storing or recalling, FIXED
  • Automatic parameter arming and value setting by Holding the store button and moving the parameter on push or device wasn’t working as expected, FIXED.
  • Improved timing on micro phrases and sequencing functions on the Custom Keypads.
  • Several small fixes.
4 Likes

Mate does this work with Push 2 ?

Not yet, but it will.

2 Likes