Per track sound pool?

something im not seeing in the manual right away (if it’s there), and I don’t own a DT …yet, but if you are stocking the sound pool with samples to cycle through via the LFO, is this a per track sound pool?

Sample slots and the sound pool (presets using samples in the sample slots) are on the project level. This means all audio tracks have the same slots and samples to work with.

1 Like

but you could arrange the samples in quasi “banks” so that each track pans through a limited selection of the 128 samples.
So in a way “yes”, but you won’t have 128 samples per track.
With different start values and LFO settings you COULD set it up so that each track plays a random (or cycling) sample from a selection of 16 that is unique to each track (or any combination between that and them all playing from a selection of 128 shared samples.)

1 Like

I may be confused but
When I make a new project the sound pool is populated with ones I’ve used previously instead of being empty.

Is this correct ? Everyone else getting this. It’s not bad , just not fully expected for a blank initialised project.

and if contrasting to the OT MK2 (or MK1) the equivalent is just creating a sample chain and using the LFO to move around slices or start time in the chain? Is there any other feature the DT has when it comes to playing different sounds per trig in this manner?

I guess there’s also the difference that on the Digitakt you could have SOUNDS in the library, rather samples. So each would have a complete set of Digitakt parameters - reverb send, volume, direction of play, delay - anything you like, and you can scan between them using the LFO.
Where as if you were using a sample chain, all of these parameters are the same for each hit.

I’ve never used an OT though, so not much idea how to compare on this, sorry.

1 Like

The confusion about sounds (presets), samples (wav files), sample pool (wav files loaded to ram) and the sound pool (presets loaded to ram using sample pool data) is understandable.

Elektron boxes is something you have to give some time to grasp. When you get the “aha” moment it’s actually very straight forward.