Patterns not changing driving me crazy

I need a bit of help. I had an A4. it worked fine. Now I have an AK and I’m going crazy just trying to do basic stuff:

All I want to do is - write a pattern in A1 (an empty patch in an empty project). then switch to B1 (blank) and write a new pattern with a new kit. For some reason the AK never switches over to B1. I always end up writing over A1…even though B is selected on the bank LEDs. I have ‘A1’ and ‘B1’ flashing in the bottom left.

It’s some song mode chain mode crap and I cannot work it out. I don’t want any song, or any chaining. just writing some basic loops like when I work on the good old trusty machinedrum. Song mode light is off, as is chain mode. I have read the manual but it was no help to me.

Please help!

Thanks Ray-Ray…unfortunately Ive checked this (several times). Those lights are both off and the problem persists.

Maybe you’ve changed the pattern length (Fn+Page) and it’s set to 1024 for instance…

1 Like

lyingDalai - i will go and check…

it feels like when i change to the second pattern, its creating a chain of both patterns. it flashes, alternating between"A01" and “B01”

Just saw in an old thread someone with the same problem (patterns changing back to A01 when sequencer is stopped) - its a bug…hopefully an update will fix it.

updated- problem solved! thanks

1 Like

Relevant ‘fix’ thread over here ( requires os other than 1.24b ) …

1 Like