Patterns in kits

Hey!

So this is probably a dumb question but I can’t seem to find the answer…

I have my live performance project loaded, in which I have a few different kits.
Whenever I make changes to “kit 1” in the patterns, the same changes are applied to the rest of the kits.
Is it better to use the banks here?

Is this just how the AR works? Seems counter productive to have this feature.

Also, before the AR wouldn’t let me have different samples in different bank, so if I changed the kick in Bank A2, the same changes was applied to Bank A1, this however seems to be fixed for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

NE

Patterns aren’t stored in kits.

Within a project, the banks/patterns are global. You can change the kit assigned to a pattern but that won’t change the pattern data itself.

Well, it does. That’s why I’m confused.

Let’s say I have a hihat running on every 16 note in “Kit 1”, go to “Kit 2” and remove one note, then go back to “Kit 1”, the same note will be gone.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something but what you’re saying is that this shouldn’t happen, right?

Thanks

if you are removing notes then you are changing the pattern, not the kit. Kits store sounds, scenes and performance pads, patterns store the sequence. Therefore, if you are in pattern 1 using kit 1 and you change the sequence (by adding a note for example), that change will persist even if you change to kit 2.

2 Likes

Hate to be that guy but this is a good moment to go back to the manual and read up on the fundamental structure of the Elektron sequencer. This is such a basic thing to grasp. You don’t want to be confused about it.

3 Likes

All good thanks people!