Pattern mode changes to sequential

Gentlemen,
I noticed that the pattern change mode goes back to sequential every time I restart the transport…
Is there a way to keep your preferred mode as a default?
I’d like to have it as “Direct” by default since I want to send program changes from Ableton…
Cheers,

Actually, I think the program change messages from Ableton cause the A4 to change its pattern mode change back to sequential…

EDIT: the problem, it seems, is that when I send the program change message from Ableton (by triggering clip) the A4 behaves like the pattern change mode is sequential - i.e. it waits for the whole pattern to end - And this despite the fact that the actual mode selected on the A4 is the direct one.

multimap pattern trigger is what you want then!

It’s way simpler what I’m trying to do.
I have a bunch of patterns in the A4. Each of them goes with a seperate drum loop in Ableton which I have programmed. Ableton is sending sync to A4. So when I want to go to a new riff - drums + A4 riff - i’d like to send a program change from ableton to the A4 (naturally, it will be way too confusing if I have to switch both the drums and the A4 sequence manually!!!). It does work but for some reason it is not direct change of the pattern, like it should be (since ableton is quantizing already the start of the new theme).

yeah if you want direct change or direct jump, setup a PAT.PLAY multimap :slight_smile:

it’s simple:

• goto multimap editor
  • clear all entries
  • new entry
  • set FUNCTION to PAT.PLAY

then you can use MIDI notes 0-127 on the performance channel to trigger any pattern.
so in your case, send a note at the beginning of each clip.

Thanks a milli0n void, workaround huge success.

Really saved ass, much preciated.

Again, ty a million for your texthelp