Pattern copy on the go

Just reading about it now - just thinking seems like it would work best if on the pattern to-be-copied you locked T8 volume to 0, so that you don’t get doubling?[/quote]
As far as I know that shouldn’t be an issue because I always delete the Recording8 sample trig before I copy the pattern. Sometimes the T8 is used already and therefore notging has to be done prior to pasting.

Just reading about it now - just thinking seems like it would work best if on the pattern to-be-copied you locked T8 volume to 0, so that you don’t get doubling?[/quote]
As far as I know that shouldn’t be an issue because I always delete the Recording8 sample trig before I copy the pattern. Sometimes the T8 is used already and therefore notging has to be done prior to pasting.
[/quote]
But it will go like this, right?

• Pattern 1 is sampled
  • Pattern 1 is copied
  • Pattern 2 is cued
  • Pattern 2 is switched to
  • Pattern 2, T8’s sample of Pattern 1 is played immediately
  • Pattern 1 is pasted to Pattern 2.
  • The sample in T8 is still playing, and now the stuff that you actually sampled in Pattern 1 (e.g. the exact same stuff barring external audio) is played along with it.

So I’m thinking setting T8 volume to 0 for the part, and locking volume on the T8 trig equal to the pattern, will do the job?

Of course I’m doing this in my head and I don’t know what the actually behavior is like. Will have to test to verify.

You’re right licence
In my head there is not much going on
And when I ran the tests I must have had slways some sample trigs on T8.

Thanks for that improvement!

Oh, good deal, thanks for verifying!

Necro bumping this thread. I really miss this when improvising.

1 Like

Per-track workaround, where you stay on same 1 bar pattern but use the other 3 pages on each track to copy into/paste from/work on while page 1 is playing

2 Likes

We must be on the same wavelength or something like that… I haven’t been here for weeks and came because I’m considering buying an OT again for an improv project and this is the one thing that makes me hesitate because that was what was bothering me when I had it. I just ordered an Erica Synths Black Sequencer and it can do it… so I was hoping the OT had an update recently and that this function was added…

1 Like

It’s really a missed opportunity imho.
Even better would be an additional mode where you could edit a pattern while another one keeps playing.
Imagine that :

Create a pattern in live
Copy it to another pattern
Make some variations on the copy
Play the copy

1 Like