Pattern change not working

Ok this is really weird, I’ve been controlling my pattern changes from my OT to my A4 with no issues, this evening I took just my A4 inside to mess about and it doesn’t want to do pattern changes at all, I hold down bank group and nothing comes up usually it would say pattern, I’m not in song or chain mode…any ideas ?

I just had a very similar issue with Digitakt controlling Octatrack yesterday and a couple folks helped me resolve the issue. It had to do with using the “Auto” setting in the Prog Change channel setting on the OT (in my case it was the “receive” channel, in your case it would be the “send” channel).

Don’t know if this is relevant to your case or not, but the behavior sounds similar. It worked fine for me for a while until suddenly it didn’t. I fixed it by setting a specific channel in prog change (use the yes button to change the value).

EDIT: here is that thread MIDI CC / Pattern Change Help!

Thanks a lot my issue is not sending program changes between them I have been doing that for ages, my A4 simply won’t do pattern changes by itself, pattern mode doesn’t even come up when I hold in bank group, really strange

Ah sorry, I misread your post. Yeah that’s… really weird.