Pattern change digitone and a4 from octatrack

what do you mean by additional midi-hardware? could you please give an example?

Just above. :wink:

yes im using the former.
jeah that might be possible but its so hacky. and i wouldnt know a proper fast way of sending these cc from octa itself. maybe from something like a launchpad. but then the launchpad needs a midi usb thingy…

It can be a midi note.

If you get around to it try with A4 in advanced track scale mode with high len and reasonable chng…
To go deeper try messing with OT master length, per track mode, different tempo multipliers on both units, etc…
If you want… :grin:

3 Likes

ok makes sense. but then i would go to midi tracks, select my pattern change midi track, go to chromatic layout, press the rright midi note to change the other machines, and then change the octas pattern itself within the same loop, so they all change together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m having this issue too. Octa as master and Digitone and Rytm Mk2 slave, Rytm works flawlessly but Digitone change the pattern late, and worst, play it late also, out of sync :frowning:

This problem basically make the Digitone useless for me, as i’m unable to use it in a live situation.

1 Like

Had this working with no issues last night. The main thing I noticed is that the patterns need to be the same length. If they are the same length then they always change on time.

what do you mean with same lenght? did you use different pattern lenghts on one of the machines ? like one track on 16 and one at 64? or all the same?

That’s what I understood.

Only by night? :smile:
And seriously, what machines?
(I hope it is not SP303 :wink:)

Wow, that’s a bad bug!

Working with octatrack and digitone and digitakt through the midi through on the digitone for that matter.

All patterns set to the same length for them to change at the same time. So A1 could be 16 - A2 might be 32 etc. - as long as they all match up in length or I actually think if the slave is set to less than the octatrack then it will also change on time. You just can’t have a longer pattern on the slave machine.

So you could have a pattern of 64 on the octatrack with patterns of 64 or less on the slave and it will still change on time.

Octatrack is set to channel 11 for program change send. The digitone and digitakt are set to auto channel 11 with program change set to auto channel

Set program change per pattern inside the octatrack. Double tap SRC to set the program change. (Same window you’d pick the midi channel for each track.)

So A1 would have a program change of 0
A2 would be set to 1
A3 would be set to 2

This is of course if you want them all to change with the same patterns. You could set the program change to any number for any pattern on the digitakt or digitone.

2 Likes

thanks for your explanation, i will try if that works for me too. still quite a bummer if individual track lenghts messes things up… what are those machines without them?

I’d say if that is your issue then sequence the digitone with your octatrack sequencer.

why should that make a difference?

Because then you’d just be triggering the sounds from the digitone and not relying on the pattern to change. This way you can use different lengths on your tracks. Yes you’ll be using midi tracks on the octatrack but it will work how you want if you’re wanting poly rhythm type patterns per track

I´m using the Octatrack and Digitone that way. The DN receives notes from OT and I change patterns on the OT to send different notes and on the DN to change the sounds.

dont know. then i cant use parameter and sound locking. for me that doesnt make sense. with an midi synth ok

I don´t see any reason why parameter and sound locking won´t work this way. Notes coming from Octatrack and sound parameters within Digitone´s sequencer.

because parameter locking doesnt work with incoming midi notes. just with the internal sequencer