Pattern change at the same time on Digitakt and Model:Cycles

Hi there !

I have both Digitakt and Model:Cycles (since one month for the first, and three month for the second), and really enjoy making music with them. I have a volca keys too, which is controlled and triggered by the DT.
I started to make a live set with the three of them, and i try to change patterns at the same time on both DT and M:C (not instantly, but just at the same time). The DT is the brain.

I tried different things.
First, i went to the parameters, and set Program change send “on”, on the DT, and program change receive “on”, on the M:C. But the pattern changed too late on the M:C, and is delayed.
I tried to put the program change on a gost trig, at the begining of each pattern, on a midi track (with condition “First”), but i had the same problem.
All my patterns are 64 steps, so i fixed the ch. length for 64 steps on both. Now, when i change the pattern on the DT, it change it on the M:C but one pattern length later, when the DT changes.
It’s okay when there is only rythme stuff on the M:C, but when i have chords and melodies on both of them, it’s a mess (for example, pattern 1 has the C note as roots, and pattern 2 has F#…).

Is that possible that the DT sends the program change information to the M:C, when i push the buttons, and not when it changes, at the beginning of the pattern 2 ? So the both will be sync…
Or will i have to change patterns manually on both for eternity and beyond ?

I hope i was clear enough, and pardon my English, i try my best :sweat_smile: .

Thanks for reading me. Have nice day/evening, and don’t forget to take a towel !

Having the same issue here did you manage to sort it out? Patch change is always happening one bar too late on the M:C when sending the patch change at the beginning of a pattern from DT.
Not having this issue sending pattern changes to M:C from ableton or when changing the patch change number mid pattern (it changes on the beginning of the next repeated sequence)

Place the change on the last step of the Pattern that precedes the Pattern you want to change.

If you have the change on step 1, the pattern has already begun to play, therefore it will continue until the pattern ends.

Because the Pattern is running already, the change takes place for the next bar.

Give it a try and see if it lines things up.

I found a trick. The digi is the master and the M:C the slave. On The M:C, put the all tracks with the same length, and the scale per pattern, not per tracks. Then, pattern will change at the same time on both :upside_down_face: