Pattern and Arranger: Mutes

It’s really strange behaviour. I’m not entirely convinced it’s not something else in the midi chain in all honesty. The RTYM is sending transport /clock to the OT, so it’s likely somewhere in those settings.
It’s an enjoyable frustration though. It’s not like your car playing around and not doing what you want it to do.

I misread, sorry. There are midi tracks Prog changes, and Project > MIDI > Sync > Prog Changes…
I guess your Shruthi is plugged with OT midi out. I’m don’t know if AR Pchanges can go thru it…

I wouldn’t let my car make program changes for me, especially if I’m drunk!

1 Like

This sounds like it might be it. Where do I need to look for more details on this? The manual hasn’t helped so far…

‘Project > MIDI > Sync > Prog Changes…’

This has definitely been switched off.

Read up 15.4.2 NOTE SETUP

The Sync->Prog Changes are just for sending automatic Program (=Pattern) Changes when you switch patterns. In most cases this is only useful in combination with other pattern oriented devices, so they can also switch to the next pattern.

3 Likes

Lovely, thanks for that. I shall study it and get back if there’s further issues!

In case anyone has any interest, or anyone passing by wonders what the issue was, I’ve found it.

It was the midi thru box I was using that was causing the issues.

It was a battery operated affair and I replaced it with the quadra thru and everything is super duper.

So moral is-

It’s always user error, unless it’s hardware failing,and if it is hardware failing, it’s most likely not the OT that’s failing.

4 Likes

Can confirm. It was very frustrating when I started using the arranger, it seems to be a bug. What worked for me is to duplicate the arranger, instead of using arrangement 1 of 8, I created the same structure for arrangement 2 and it worked perfectly.