Patchbay advice

Hi to all,
Can anyone recommend a patch bay please?
I would like to have all my instruments and FX plus board connected.
I am a little lost as to normal, half etc…
Thanks for any info/advice.
Best,
V

Ooopppsss
Sorry did not search properly.
Found the info here:

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=patchbay

Please close if you like.

I use this one, because it has switches, so no soldering needed, very convenient. :slight_smile:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_px3000_ultrapatch_pro_patchbay.htm

1 Like

Thank you @hausland
Will look into this one :slight_smile:

I’ve got the behringer and have no problems.
Samson also do one with the switches on the front…but once you’re stable, they are not something you typically need to switch, in my experience.

1 Like

I use Samson with the toggles on the front. I like it a lot, as my preamps and interface outputs are patched as half-normal, but I’m running all my synth “froms” and my effects as throughputs.

1 Like

The behringer bays are good. I have two of the unltapatch 3000 and a 2000 with zero problems. The difference between the two is that the 2000 is unbalanced.
I also have an older furman pb40 that’s solid but without switching.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to stay away from the B, but can happily vouch for the Neutrik patchbays. No soldering, but you do have to pop it open and flip the modules around to change normaling and grounding, but that’s not actually something I’ve found much need to do.

4 Likes

Using this ART P48 balanced patch bay without issues.

Edit: I found this helpful to explain the difference between ‘normalled’ and ‘half normaled’ when I started looking into patch bays:

1 Like

Yep, I use these. Happy with them.

2 Likes

Heh…and don’t forget the additional cabling. :wink:

1 Like

Yep me too :+1:

1 Like

Depending on the connector type needed, I use the Samson S-patch Plus and ART P16. Both get the job done.

3 Likes

Best resent thread on the subject:

2 Likes

Again thanks to all for chiming in and sharing what you are using.
Merry Xmas to all :slight_smile:

1 Like