Pass usb from keyboard to digitise and out

I have a basic midi keyboard going midi out to midi in on my digitone. Then the digitise is hooked up to my mac via usb.
Can i send the midi info from the keyboard to the digitone and into my daw (ableton)?

At the moment i am having to use a USB cable to get the note on/off messages into my daw from my keyboard.

I did a search but couldn’t see anything similar,

thanks

Midi ‘THRU’ echos midi ‘IN’

OK

Str.

p.s. not sure what digitise is…

Sorry i meant digitone.
ok so i should put the midi cable into the midi thru and not the midi in?

Thanks,

Not sure what Str. means…

Str is my name…!

Yes, haven’t you tried it yet?

Str…

haha i get it now!

Trying it soon!

Thanks

Just tried it but now my midi keyboard doesn’t play at all :frowning:

Thanks

THRU of DT to midi IN of PC

Keyboard midi I/O to DN I/O

OK.

thanks will try!

As far as I know DIN midi and USB midi are completely separated on all Elektron boxes (there is no option to route MIDI in to USB). So if you need MIDI thru functionality you need to connect everything via DIN midi.

In your case you need to connect the keyboard to MIDI in on the Digitone and the computer to the MIDI thru port + make sure it is configured correctly in the settings.

1 Like

i don’t know i 3rd party hardware suggestion is acceptable for you, but Axoloti Core with a very simple patch would do it.
i always use it to pass USB controller input to devices that don’t have USB at all, and back if needed, and probably to/from computer at the same time.

interesting, thanks for this, i’ll check it out, at the moment I’ve got it working pretty sweet to be honest. I think i found my own way which works well for how i produce.

I’m not really recording any notes now from the midi keyboard to the DAW, i do everything in the digitone, such a great sequencer, i love how you can record in to it and it keeps playing when you exit record playing back what you’ve just done. No need to start or stop, thats a massive plus!

should be able to by selecting the channel on the DN. Go to a midi track and select the channel there, make sure to press down on the encoder to actually confirm the channel.

Have not tried sending note data but it receives clock so I imagine it will also get note.