Partial recall of Pattern / very long Melodies

Very new to the AR (and Elektron’s devices in general), I’d like to know:

Is it possible to just partially recall a Pattern (manually or via song/chains)?

For my (still very humble) understanding of the AR, the recall of a Pattern/Bank (e.g. via a Chain) applies to all tracks – so all Track’s “sequences” are recalled as soon as i change the Pattern. I am wondering (and I’m open for any best pratice):

How can I achieve a for instance very long Bassline melody, while my Kickdrum Pattern just loops through ~16 Steps? Obviously, whenever a Pattern is recalled, all “on the fly” changes i’ve made to the Kickdrum Pattern are not migrated…?

KICK: [Pttrn 1] [Pttrn 1] [Pttrn 1]
BASS: [Pttrn 1] [Pttrn 2] [Pttrn 3]

Hope this makes any sense :slight_smile:
Thanks!

gentle bump

You can reload tracks and sounds individually to the previously saved state

To quick reload the track Sound of the active track, press [NO/RELOAD] + [MUTE]. This is the same as kit reload, but only on the active track (not all tracks).

To quick reload a track, press [NO/RELOAD] + [CHROMATIC]. The operation is the same as the RELOAD TRACK command, covered on page 42.

Also not sure if this is what you are asking for but you can set track lengths independently so your kick drum plays for example thru 16 steps while your bassline goes thru 64

Check p.38 in the manual