Part change in Blofeld from OT

Hello, could somebody help me on this one?

I am trying to configure OT and Blofeld to change a part in a Blofeld Multisound automatically when selecting different tracks in OT.

Example:

T1 in OT = Part 1 in any Blofeld Multi Sound
And so on…

Currently I have each track in OT in same MiDi Channel as blofeld parts, I can modify filters, modulations, etc from OT but l couldn’t find a way to change between parts just by pressing T1, T2, etc. in OT. Blofeld screen continues showing part 1.

I hope explained myself properly. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

This may help:

2 Likes

I re-read your initial post and I think I misunderstood. It’s not about changing patches inside the multi, is it?
Is it about using an external controller/keyboard? In that case, set it to play on the OT’s autochannel, and it will be remapped automatically when pressing T1, T2 etc. But maybe I still don’t understand correctly… As for the Blofeld screen “still showing part 1” that’s normal, why would it change what it displays? That’s something you do on Blofeld itself.

Hi, first of all thanks for your response.

If you have Blofeld you know that change between parts is kind of “not-friendly” at all, and risky to change Multi Sound. I would like to change parts from OT since is just to press track button. I am already using a external keyboard in OT to play Blofeld through the tracks and no problem at all.

Cheers

I’m sorry but I don’t understand the problem… maybe someone else could chime in?

Could you please elaborate? This is unclear… is it just a question of synchronizing the Blofelds display, when in multimode, by changing tracks on the Octatrack? That is not possible as of the current midi implementation of both devices I’m afraid… there is no such midi command in Midi 1.0 specifications.

1 Like

It’s not possible to remotely switch the Blofeld UI to a different part.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks!!

I’m not sure if I understanding this right, but are you trying to make blofeld jump with your patterns from octatrack? Did you already try program changes? Are you using multi part?