Parameter Value Jump won't work

Hi all !
I just got an Octatrack and I read in the manual that by pressing [FUNC] and turning a parameter, it will make the values jump to relevant positions.
But when I do that, the values are not jumping at all, and the behavior is the same than if I turned normally the knobs without pressing [FUNC].
Is it specific to certain parameters or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance !

It’s not all parameters unfortunately, even though there are some that seem a no brainier

2 Likes

many won’t have snap points, but most do

1 Like

I tried it with many parameters (Pitch, Rate, Time, FB, Vol, Send, etc.), and nothing seems to work…

Rate definitely snaps from 64 to 0 to -64 and pitch from 0 to +12 and -12…will try and think of settings that could block such a thing…try muting scenes as a first step perhaps…though even then you’d at least see the controls snap…using a MIDI controller? Recorded automation of these parameters already?

1 Like

I just created a new empty project and tried it and it’s the same behavior. I tried to mute scenes, put off the midi in and out cables, and still the same.

1 Like

Does the func button work okay for other things?

1 Like

Latest OS?

Yes latest OS (1.40A) and yes FUNC works perfectly for everything else

1 Like

Hi !
I just found out a setting called “Disable Func+Enc” in System->Personalize, and it was checked, so I unchecked it and everything works like a charm now !
Thank you all for your help and comments !

:open_mouth: good to know about