Parameter lock memory full?

Elektron’s work quite well with midi loopback. You can just plug midi out back into midi in.

Also there are midi processors that can take one input (midi cc in this case) and output several midi ccs (with parameter range and offset). If you have an Elektron box with midi lfos, you could even use its own midi lfos to modulate more than one parameter.

I think there is something wrong with warning. Can’t test seriously right now.

When you add a plock, the message is not fully displayed sometimes…

Warning with trig copy paste, no warning with track or page copy paste.

Right, but 72 is 1001000, so it just seems like an arbitrary limit to me.

Useful if you’re not already using MIDI :slight_smile: But that wouldn’t be performing the function of a mult.

Yea good point on that one not sure about the 72 limit… that’s a bit fruity.

72 = 64 + 8 shrugs

2 Likes

Split it with a midi thru box.

Sure, just multing an lfo isn’t what you’d want anyway. You’d need to mult it and change the target.

A midi processor (Blokas Midi Hub for example) could do that (even with control over range, offset, basically midi macros).

smart

The extra 8 bits are for good luck.

That’s how mults work. They create copies of the signal that you can assign elsewhere :slight_smile:

Yea… OR wouldn’t it be great if you had a digital mult in the boxes :slight_smile:

For me, it would be sufficient if aftertouch was an LFO target. Then I could configure up to four paramaters there on the macro page instead. But we’re getting off topic here. :blush:

That “assign elswhere” part isn’t so trivial in midi, though. :slight_smile:

Sure, just saying it works great with a midi processor. My OT usually has several midi lfos unused anyways, but sometimes I want macro control from a single cc/lfo.

Yeay! That would be ace…

Back to p-locks.

That seems plausible. Anyone else with a Syntakt can test?

I think maybe we got lost in the convo, this is nothing about midi - I think the suggestion, which I’d love, would be the ability to take 1 LFO, but assign it to multiple destinations - which is what a mult can do in a modular setup. You could sort of replicate this using MIDI but it would be a bit of a faff and as you say would require the purchase of additional equipment.

Sorry we’re a bit off topic I just thought a mult is such a good suggestion that I’d love to see it make its way in!

Could even use it as a performance macro (which is sort of a mult already - taking the input of the knob and sending it to multiple destinations).

I have a Midihub too btw, great device!

1 Like

ftfy :wink:

Further perspectives on other topics for general info

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=parameter%20lock%20limit

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction! Massive brain fart there :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

LOCK MEM FULL display bug

1 Like

Reading this and your earlier comments, one thing you might consider for the sound pool sounds you’re using is the Velocity Mod for them as a macro—as of one of the recent firmwares, you can change or turn off the velocity to volume curve, then there are four adjustable parameters per sound that will be different as you enter notes with different velocities. No loopback required!

I don’t know if that helps for your case, but might if there are a lot of p-locks for “humanizing” sounds. I’ll often do this to get more interesting open v closed hat tones and in between within one sound, for instance.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent tip and a reminder for something I forgot was there! And if we’re lucky, velocity doesn’t count as a p-lock either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s part of a track, not a sound parameter :thup:

1 Like

Technically, both track parameters and sound pool locks count as p-locks, no? But I interpret your response as: there are some parameters on the Trig page that don’t count as p-locks, such as note, velocity and possibly the conditional trigs too?

1 Like

Trig page parameters are part of SEQUENCE DATA, other parameters part of KIT DATA.

4 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but the annoying thing about the limit is that you can keep on plocking. So if you missed the message you are in trouble as soon as you save and reload the project (or reboot). You will lose the oldest parameter locks.

Happened to me on multiple occasions. Really wish the limit was a bit higher and that it would be simply impossible to lock anymore parameter locks when hitting that ilimit.

2 Likes