Panning not working

Making a long set and for some reason I can no longer pan any sound left or right, just stays in the center.

Never been an issue before. Any ideas? No Overbridge involved here just a DT, DN and headphones.

1 Like

I don’t know if this thread will be helpful?

1 Like

Do you have the outs of the DT going into the DN? If so check to make sure you pan left input left and right input right on the DN master page

1 Like

Could you elaborate how did you plug them all?

1 Like

DT L&R OUT to DN L&R IN, then DN Headphone out.

L&R inputs on DN turned up.

DT just won’t pan anything… latest OS on both.

Just plug your headphones into the DT to see if it’s the fault of the DT or the DN.

As mentioned pan hard left and hard right on the DN. Then give that a go. And yeah test from the DT to see if panning is working there.

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve got a problem with brand new Digitakt. (apart from a bit sticky func key :/) The panning is not working at all. I used all the outputs (L,R, headphones), at extreme settings signal is getting a bit quieter, no panning. The same setup works fine with my Digitone (no panning issues). I believe it’s hardware related but want to exclude any simple causes befor returning the unit.
Regards.

Did you get this resolved? I just ran into the same thing today. Pan right/left stopped working all of a sudden and actually even my headphone audio port got funky on both my Digitakt and Digitone at the same time. I think it’s a hardware thing.

Could this be MIDI related?

Honestly, I suspect it might be the ports themselves. Like possibly the port assembly or something. Because if I wiggle the headphone jack sometimes the sound comes in and then cut back out. So I’m thinking its the inner connection pieces that might be out of place or maybe it’s bent wrong inside of there. If I knew what the part number was I’d be willing to just resolder some new ones in.

that would be pretty unlucky. def not a headphone issue?

Actually I just discovered right now that pan right and left turns up the volume on both sides at the same time and when I get closer to center it gets quieter and then dead center becomes mute. Definitely not the headphones, I tested them out on other devices and they work beautifully. Then I ran the sound through my laptop and so now I don’t what’s going on because it’s doing the same thing through the laptop. I’m stumped right now (scratching my head)

via overbridge or via audio cables?

Check it out, so I just reinstalled the OS, everything, swapped out the cables and started fresh and something fixed. So it’s working now, but still scratching my head what the cause might have been. What a relief! I was going bananas over here.

1 Like

This is an easy one.
You plugged your headphones into the line output! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The balanced output makes things go quiet because -for your headphones- the left and right signal have the opposite phase(180 degree shift).

2 Likes

I have done that and went crazy.Then I realized I’m an idiot.

What I also done and could not get things panned was that my headphones had a mono jack adapter.Using the proper stereo one fixed it ofc.

I just got used Digitakt and have this problem.
When using stereo (left+right) outputs or headphone output, Pan is not working, audio stays in the center. Strangely it does work fine with USB audio in ableton. Am I doomed?

I paniced when tried mine in first hour but then tried same with other gear and simply noticed that my Uad ADAT inputs were in mono in some preset I had on :joy: sometimes its simple things like this, just have to try to reproduce problem in with different combination of gear, wires, setting in each gear combos etc. Sometimes it can be quite a matrix.

In my case it was a faulty Master Volume potentiometer. Contacted the support, they sent me the new part and I replaced it myself. Wasn’t an easy fix for me but eventually it worked.