Padevil's Chords and Modes Chart

Hey Guys!

I am an amateur bass player and emusic producer of course, I have playing since a kid, but never really got too much into the theory, and recently I have been dedicating myself to study a bit more of music theory to develop my music production.
I have made a chart, as part of my learning routine, to memorize scale notes, chord modes, and most importantly chords relationships, so I could modulate (musical term for changing keys/harmonic field) with more ease.

In the chart you can find all semitones, each color coded, the scale names (greek modes), the chord number corresponding to each mode, and the chord name corresponding to that scale. (The fundamentals are, of course, the name of the chord, for example Cmaj7, means the bass or fundamental note is C).
You wont find the notes that compromise each chord, but with the chord name you can easily find that online.

Hope that helps you too!

Pad

EDIT:
Uploaded an updated version! Check it out!

9 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be printing this

1 Like

Thanks.

I’ve just bought a keyboard (well actually an enormous emu sampler from the 80s) with the intention of playing and learning some traditional music theory again, rather than just elektron fuzzzing all day. its been years.
Anyway.
Will also be printing and sticking on my studio wall for sure ! cheers

1 Like

Have fun! I hope u enjoy this =D

1 Like

Hello! Updated version here:
RPads Chords Map.pdf (226.0 KB)

3 Likes

The chart is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing

1 Like