Pad layout change possible

Yeah, I’m used to them but I’d probably freak out if they were actually good!
Not bad for the performance macros though.

I think I might get a controller with nice pads at some point, and then I can use that for finger drumming and have the AR’s pads in one of the other modes…

2 Likes

Unfortunately rumor has it that the mk2’s aren’t that much better.

Any mk2 users care to comment?
How is the velocity response? How well do they trigger with one finger?
When live recording are any hits not being trigged and are the velocities captured and played back nicely?

I play live sets of finger drummimg and what i would primarily want this for, can you set a full level type thing to keep velocity 100% if sensitivity isnt right?

If the pads are super important to you that might be the deal breaker then, but maybe not especially if your OK with fixed velocity, you’ll have to try one I think…

Yes, you can turn off velocity to volume for the pads and you can use the trig keys at anytime to trig with a fixed velocity…

There’s also a velocity mod matrix which some may have tricked into more customized response, but also when having velocity to volume off, the velocity control for a track becomes a depth level for the velocity mod matrix…

Just get an mk1 with an external controller like an mpd32. All problems solved. Better finger drumming and you can assign the pads how you like.

1 Like