Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Did anyone manage to use the Multitrack sequencer sending midi to each individual track via AUM to Patterning (v1)? Is it possible or only with v2?

What does this mean in practice?

Like pitch is increased or lowered, we can compress an 8th note to 16th or dilate it to 1/4 note with modulation?

It’s a tempo setting independent for each sequencer (1-4), adjusted by % of the global tempo.
Currently you can select from -12% (slower) to +12% (faster) by 0.1% increments.

2 Likes

Ah nice, thank you for the explanation!

Could a sequencer LFO be put towards these increments in a later firmware?

I haven’t used them yet obviously to know that would pan out, but reminds me a bit of clock options I have with the ADDAC403.

Awesome! Is this available for download yet? I can’t find it on the Announcements subforum or on the Gitlab releases page (Releases · OXI Instruments / OXI BETA · GitLab)

Is there a way to pre-send a program change (I used this option with Vector sequencer) in order to keep Oxi and Analog Rytm in Sync when using the arranger? As everyone knows elektrons need a pre-send otherwise they change pattern after 1 bar :sweat_smile:

This was fixed early on IIRC.

I believe is on Discord.

Fixed where? Is It possible to pre-send a pc from oxi? How? Sorry, I didn’t get It.

Sorry, kind of a rush answer.
I haven’t tested this personally but I assume it works perfectly fine because it was taken into account:

Currently, PrCh on arranger is sent at the very end of the previous slot (not 100% sure as I don’t use it, but it was an issue raised early on and I recall it being adjusted).

On the latest beta, PrCh and BankCh becomes a parameter per Pattern (64 per project), same as MIDI channel, MIDI output (All, TRS, USB or BLE), Reset (after n bars), Seq Mode and Color (no idea if PrCh will stay active on arranger). So in addition there’s also time offset per sequencer, which should allow to adjust when the message is sent to the millisecond (-+100 ms).

4 Likes

Hi Carlos,
Could you kindly share the Discord server so I can try this beta and give it some testing for you guys?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I was listening to the Jamie Lidell’s interview with Tony Rolando yesterday and Tony was talking about syncing his modular from Ableton’s CV clock.

Is this a reliable way to synchronize your hardware setup from your DAW? I have an RME Multiclock but am always looking for ways to simplify my setup - would love to just run a CV clock into Oxi One since I use that as the master for everything anyway.

1 Like

If you have an audio interface that offers DC-coupled outputs then that’s all you need!
I don’t have an interface that benefits from this but a google should get you a list: think from memory most MOTU devices offer this.

2 Likes

Definitely. I send clock and transport to PAMs through an ES-9 and it works perfectly fine.

Wouldn’t be easier to just sync via MIDI then?

1 Like

I just picked up the Cranborne 500 series audio interface to replace a few previous ones - doesn’t look like the outputs are DC coupled unfortunately.

But to @CarlosUnch’s point - I could just sync my DAW to the Oxi One instead via MIDI? I know that MIDI is historically jittery coming from the DAW but the alternative should probably work fine?

I’ve been living in Apollo land for so long I forgot that audio interfaces usually have MIDI ports :laughing:

1 Like

I’d love to sync Live to the Oxi One but I’ve heard that Live likes to be the master (oo-er) so I sync the Oxi to Live instead.

1 Like

May not be a lot of help but Bitwig can be master or slave and itiming seems very solid with OXI

1 Like

I actually picked up Bitwig recently so if it’s more dependable maybe I’ll go with that!

Yup- go to ‘synchronisation’ page in settings…I have found it very stable as slave to OXI.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChGPEi1gCxd

OXI Instruments shared a post on Instagram: "The 3.0 firmware is about to be release and it includes uncountable features and improvements since the 2.0 version🧨
But what it’s super exciting is being able to implement a brand new mode which changes...

9 Likes