Overhub Multitrack recording

Hey, I know there are threads out there already for this but I can’t seem to find a specific answer, any help would be amazing

I have a MK2 Analogue Rytm a Digitakt and Overhub set up with a MacBook Pro (2013)
Using Logic (9) as a DAW.

Is it possible to multitrack both machines simultaneously for recording via the Overhub into Logic. I only get audio input from either one of the other

Cheers xx

?

I use two over hubs daisy chained together for recording four Elektron boxes at the same time as well as connecting lot of other gear and haven’t had any issues. I’m on a Mac using Ableton.

Would you mind detailing how you can have more than one device in your DAW at one time, like your process of selecting your audio imput inside abelton ?

In Logic im only getting the option for AnalogueRytmMK2(CoreAudio) or Digitakt(Core Audio) Im really lost as to how to how to stream both simultaneously

Sure, I have a Focusrite as my soundcard(core audio) and the Elektron boxes just need the overbridge plugin to handle audio. You don’t have to enable them as your sound card. You can use whatever you had been using, even just system out if you don’t have an external sound card. Once you drop the overbridge vst or AU in logic it’ll route the audio as a stereo output from the machine to that track regardless of what soundcard you have enabled in your preferences. I set up however many audio tracks the device has(digitakt 8, digitone4,etc) and route audio to them from the overbridge plugin not from the machine itself. It should show up as track1,2,etc. I can’t remember how that’s done in logic but I’m sure it can be. Then on the machine you go into audio Settings and click on send to master, if you disable the track from sending to the master what you end up with is an individual track in logic with each sound on it dry and the main track with the plugin on it will be a stereo effects send with all of the sounds wet only. I group all of the tracks together so I have a main fader for mixing as a whole and I can record them all separately for chopping up or whatever if I want to. If you don’t need separate tracks for each sound you can route them however really, sometimes I just record the stereo mix and leave it at that. You just repeat the steps for however many machines you have. I’d suggest setting everything up and making sure it works then saving it as a template, that way you don’t have to do it every time. Works for me at least:)

2 Likes

Thank you very much and I apologised for making you type all of that out :slight_smile:

Sussed it out in the end.

If anyone is stuck with this like I was, The solution is to go to audio and midi setup in your mac and create an ‘aggregate device’ grouping together all the devices you want to use as input. then select that as your audio in, inside of Logic

2 Likes