Overbridge, who's happy?

Right now Overbridge is only working on studio use and for that i have better AD/DA conversion.

But this discussion is about happy or not and i just give my opinion about Overbridge in my studio. So just compare with your own audio interface if it sound better. If not or no big difference go for Overbridge.

For live sets and jam sessions a Overbridge hardware mixer would be very interesting in my case :wink: Maybe i am going for a Keith McMillen K-Mix when thereā€™s no news from Elektron on Namm 2017 or SuperBooth 17.

I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Still Iā€™d much appreciate if you could ever make a simple A/B test of overbridge against your converter. Iā€™m very curious to know more about the qualitative differences. Actually, Iā€™m going to test this also with my Apollo twin.

Maybe later because i use a lot of different converters. There is a SSC Capybara 320, Akai S1100, Lexicon 960L, Apogee Symphony I/O and Sound Devices USBPre 2.

1 Like

Just one would be enough really. You could pick the one you like the most.

But of course thereā€™s no stress with this - if youā€™re too busy, itā€™s okay

1 Like

I want to love overbridge, but for me it just crashes all the time. Blue screen of death, reboot, everything gone. Iā€™ve tried clean installing, different USB ports, I bought a new usb card and tried that. Nothing works.
If I run just the overbridge plugin on an empty ableton project, itā€™s fine, but as soon as thereā€™s a couple of other plugins runningā€¦bang. Crash.
Itā€™s really dispiriting, because itā€™s such a cool thing and I really want to love it, but I canā€™t.

First iteration of it, didnā€™t dig it. Couldnā€™t get seperate audio channels into ableton, had bandwidth issues, all sorts of issues.

Uodate comes along, and it stung me. Couldnā€™t do a thing with it, so had to reinstsll, change usb ports etc

Now, I really adore it. I like to have a nice hybrid of a4 hands on, and Overbridge.

I think itā€™s great, now that it works.

1 Like

Oh yes, I would definitely jump on it too. A mixer/controller facilitating midi automations, program changes AND visual gain staging feedback for full OTB dark trinity song-making would be amazing. I like OB but IMO they should have focused on that first.

Iā€™m happy now that I have it set up fully with no latency with my other hardware. Iā€™m now looking forward to Bitwig 2.0 where I can modulate the **** out of my A4 & RYTM. :smiling_imp:

Life is too short to be unhappy.

Regarding OB, totally love it. didnt use it that much with the A4(sold it anyways) but cant do without on the rytm.

I justuse the master out for fx and rout the rest through a USB cable!

Great times to be alive.

Never ever have i had issues knock on wood

1 Like

Iā€™m happy with the visualizations provided in OB and how much more enjoyable and faster it is for me to adjust samples on the AR with the waveform visualization. I find that itā€™s much more straightforward to keep track of performance/scene settings too.

I am quite happy with OB although i never use it for the USB recording facilities even though i appreciate the functionality if Iā€™m ever without my interface/converters.