Overbridge, Transfer and Digitakt

It would be great to have the transfer functionality added to Overbridge for transferring samples to the Digitakt. At the moment I have to keep swapping the USB mode on the Digitakt between overbridge and USB/MIDI when I move between Overbridge and the Transfer App.

Alternatively, allow Transfer app to communicate via OB. Either way, or both would make life better.

3 Likes

Use https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

It works for me when in OB mode.

5 Likes

Thanks, looks like a handy app. Though only useful with an internet connection, which I generally don’t always have when working with audio.

I would still like to see it all integrated in the official software.

Yeah, of course this functionality should be in OB.

1 Like

While I’m here and waiting for a project to transfer via C6, please can we have a better way of managing and backing up patterns and projects, such as integrated into the Transfer app. Life is too short for dial up connections.

1 Like

I thought sample management was part of overbridge 2 ?

2 Likes

Only internally to transfer between +drive and sound pool / tracks, I can’t see a way to get sounds from computer to Digitakt using Overbridge.

That’s a shame as I thought that would have been a definite. I was relying on that and being compiling samples all week to transfer. I take it the transfer app does a good job? Then use overbridge to tidy up?

The only things we needed:

• Individual tracks out
  • Backup
  • Sample organisation

The rest, waste of time.

4 Likes

Backup would be nice.

Currently we can do a sys dump of a project, but there is no option of getting it back in. In fact the two have differnet options

Sysex send: Project | Pattern
Sysex recieve: Pattern | Sound

i feel the same way. was actually pretty bummed that ob2 has nothing in the way of sample management. only sounds. :frowning: i figured it was such a basic feature that there was no way it wouldn’t be included. it would be SO nice if you could easily see what samples on the +drive were being used in various projects. it would also have been cool if you could drag clips in ableton right on to the digitakt via ob2. hell, even a more robust version of the transfer app would be welcome.

2 Likes

This is disappointing to read. Sample management is listed on the website as a feature of overbridge for the digitakt. Hopefully it’s only missing cause it is in public beta.

1 Like

Totally agree.

@jefones
Indeed, there may have been bigger issues that needed resolving first. The rest of the OB2 works really well for me.

I expected OB2 to do just that, and make Transfer obsolete.

pretty bummed too at the moment. this was so integral. Now it´s just a controller for a controller.

DOnt know why that guy wrote the utility but its its the only way i can get samples from the computer to the Digi now!

1 Like