Overbridge Sync Poll/survey : does it work for you ? do you use it?

Hello elektronauts,

Here is my questions for you:

• Does overbridge sync works well enough for you ?
  • If yes, what DAW ?
  • Do you use it ?

I personnally use it with reaper and ableton and I find it not satisfying for either of these.

Worked fine(ish) with Ableton until Digitakt got its 1.30 update. Like others who had the same experience, it was completely fucked after that, for lack of a better word. Completely unable to keep sync.

Tried everything under the sun. Managed to solve it by selling my device. Nice bit of kit but software issues were a deal breaker.

1. yes
  2. Cubase pro 11
  3. yes
  1. No
  2. Reaper
  3. I want to

I tried this again with Rytm MkII, edit: the latency is killing me. I can adjust the midi timing offset (-452ms!!!) in reaper and it’s good enough for me, but I can’t play the pads through overbridge along with the jam because there is so much latency.

I’m curious to hear other users experience multi tracking audio from Rytm in Logic (because I’m considering switching) but if it isn’t solid in Logic, I’ll probably pass on that idea.

I might just pick up an optical mic pre expander and just run direct outs to the pres. Kinda spendy to multitrack this beast but at least I’ll be able to somewhat play along or live record into the sequencer.

You need more options: Operating system maybe even hardware and drivers, but then it gets very complicated, which might explain why Elektron hasn’t really goooooooaled Overbridge yet.

On Windows 10

1. Yes
  2. Ableton (newest version)
  3. Yes

On MacOs

1. No (a year ago. I havn’t used it since)
  2. Ableton (Newest)
  3. No, unusable

Hi elektronauts,

Any news on this issue ?

I don’t manage to get my Analog Rytm in sync with Overbridge plugin.

Dell Inspiron 7620
Universal Audio Apollo twin X
Windows 11
Reaper 7
Overbrige 2.7.1
AR MKII 1.70

M1 Macbook Air.
Latest updates for macOS (14.2.1), Logic (10.8.1), Overbridge (2.7.3), Analog Rytm MKII (1.70). In my opinion, this is a pretty “common” or even standard setup.

Overbridge seemed like a great idea, but currently can’t use it.

• The recorded audio is delayed with respect to the grid in Logic.
  • The Rytm sequencer starts during Logic’s pre-roll when recording anywhere after the first beat of the Logic session arrangement (something which Elektron specifically noted as a Bug-fix, which… as of today simply was not fixed)
  • In past versions, the sequencer on Rytm II will randomly lose the tempo and pause itself (haven’t confirmed if this is still the case as it happens randomly)

The sync would be fine as I use Overbridge > Analog Rytm II > Midi Clock out… but the above issues just make it not worth using. Which at this point is frustrating. Especially with the latest update not fixing these major problems, for a very conventional setup as far as hardware/DAW choice. I did send Elektron a bug report… let’s see what happens.

Not only that, but some of this was working better in past versions, at least the first two bullet points. When the new update breaks things, it’s just like… how are they even testing this?

Works nice with Ableton, but i can’t update my UAD dsp card. Because it will corrupt overbridge as result no output on the Elektron Machines.