Overbridge sync.....I'm confused

Everything you are mentioning is in regards to latency and not jitter correct? I have an RME FireFace 800 that, according to tests, requires no delay error compensation in Ableton.
Regardless, if I had measured the latency to be say 2ms, then wouldn’t the physical audio coming from the RYTM just need latency correction to be tight?
From my experience, the physical outputs put out a lot more “jitter” then the USB does.
Also, when I’m monitoring through the RME and also through OB, I don’t get a consistent phase cancellation like I would with monitoring two sources with one at a consistent latency. It sounds more like a much more noticeable “pushing and pulling” type of thing (sorry, can’t think of better words to describe it).
Thanks for taking the time to help me understand this. I also have an Analog four that won’t connect to OB after the latest firmware update (Simon says that my computer’s processors are too old and you guys don’t support them). I plan on using the MIDI out on the AR to send the OB clock to the A4. From my experience, the AR’s physical outs were unusable due to jitter (latency too but that can be corrected). I’m worried that the A4 will have this issue too.