Overbridge save project - what's your workflow, and RTFM questions

I know I can test this in the studio, but I am not there now, so sorry for daft question.

The manual for OB states : "When activated, Recall enables the plugin session to store the complete state of the device along with the plugin. When you save the DAW project on your computer, it also includes the entire active project of
your device, including all kits, patterns, songs, sound slots, et cetera "

Would it make sense to just make a new project on the A4, AR and AH for every track i work on? Will Overbridge then simply load the synced project on the Elektron boxes?

Right now I simply have one big project called “Studio” and jumping between Patterns on the Elektrons. I’ve only used OB to stream the sound, and have a GUI for controll and automation. I suspect I am missing out on something quite major here.

Second, and third, (daft) question then is: do you have to make new projects on the boxes, or can you do that in the OB gui? Can you have as many projects as you like on the Electrons?

I believe it’s 128 project on the boxes.

The way I think about Total Recall is more coming from a DAW project or live set in which your Elektron boxes are in use.

Say you are rocking up to a gig with Rytm and Laptop in hand, it is super handy to just open the Live set, hit Recall, and your ready to hit play.

As always, best practice is to save your Projects ‘on device’, before Recall, as you could possibly lose work if performing a Recall before a machine save.

Maybe my workflow isn’t so bad after all then? :slight_smile: Thanks for chiming in!