Overbridge randomly stops outputting audio w/Logic Pro X

I’m trying out Overbridge with Logic Pro X, and everything is working fine except that the Overbridge plugin randomly stops outputting the audio from my Analog Keys. It seems like the plugin itself or it’s connection to the audio engine might be crashing. It happens every few times I hit play/stop/record. While it’s not working I can still play and hear notes on the AK manually just fine, and can still adjust patch parameters etc via the AK Overbridge plugin window, but playing or recording via Logic transport/Midi tracks doesn’t work.

Sometimes it will recover by itself after a few seconds or minutes, without touching anything - I’ll hear a little pop or glitch come from the Analog Keys and it’ll be back to normal for a bit. Other times I have to reset Logic’s audio engine in order to get it working again.

I’ve tried reinstalling, tried testing with different I/O buffer sizes between 64-512, tried various configurations with the output tracks, disabling all other plugins, etc. And it doesn’t seem to make any difference. And everything in the system is set to 24bit / 48k.

My setup is: Logic Pro X 10.4.8, Overbridge 2.0.31.1, Analog Keys w/1.40A firmware, macos Catalina 10.15.3, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface. 32GB RAM, Intel i9-9900k.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having a heck of a time getting Overbridge to work. Right now I’m up to Logic X 10.6.1 on a 10-core iMac (Catalina), so I’ve got lots of processing power. It seems like it will work for a few minutes, then starts getting distorted and then stops working altogether. I’ve tried a variety of buffer and control panel settings. Argh.

P.S. Just set everything up in Bitwig – which took me awhile, because until tonight I knew exactly 0 about Bitwig – and Overbridge works like a charm. Good news, bad news. Oh Apple. Argh.

A good reason to explore some other DAWs besides Logic I guess.

Yeah, the 10.6 Logic update seems to have been the issue.

Darn I’m experiencing the same thing, I’m also on logic 10.6.1.
any tips / solutions?

I haven’t found one yet. It’s led me down a pretty big rabbit hole investigating other DAWs and how they handle multi-out plug-ins and after a lot of digging I’m back to Logic and waiting/hoping for a fix.

thank god for timemachine, I was able to revert to 10.5.1 for the time being