Overbridge problem: Recording automation stops working on MacOS aften 20-40 seconds!?

I have this strange problem on my MacBookPro (mid 2010) MacOS 10.13.6:
I want to record parameter automation in a Live Session Clip from me turning knobs on my RYTM.
I can make it work for a short while, but at some point, usually after 20-40 seconds, the recording/overdubing of automation stops in Live without me doing anything. And I can’t make it record new automation from here on unless I close the Overbridge plugin and reload it, and then I’ll get another 20-40 seconds.

I know that this works on my Windows 10 machine, but this very important feature is not stable on MacOS 10.13.6 here.

Is this a known but, or have I found a new bug?

I get the some problem with my Digitone.

Is anybody else having this problem?

I just hooked up my Push2 to my MBP and recorded automation on the Ableton Analog synth. It works as expected so the problem is most definitely related to the overbridge plugin!

Could someone please confirm this?

i don’t expect this is a bug, it’s probably being overloaded by automation beyond rates which are useful to the devices - i’ve read this being quoted officially somewhere - if you could thin out the control data you may establish that this is the case

having said that, quite why it would differ between operating systems i have no idea, but it’s something to consider perhaps

I hear what you are saying, but we are only talking 2 parameters being automated here (filter cutoff and resonance). Surely overbridge should be able to handle that (which it is on Windows and on my MBP when using Push and Abletons own synths).
I doubt that I’m overloading the automation system.

Could someone please confirm this on their mac? it’s a very simple test :slight_smile:

i’m only quoting what someone from Elektron mentioned about presumably related cases of excessive resolution of the automation data overloading a DN (already requiring two processors to cope with its synthesis load), whether it applies to your case i have no idea, it’s not a use case which i have, it’s maybe possible for you to still explore thinning the automation to see if that helps your case as extra info to feed to Elektron

Can someone please confirm that Digitone/Rytm still disconnects while using Overbridge since the latest updates?